Creatives Audigy Platinum & my system...

CopMagnet

n00b
are there any reasons why this card wouldnt work with my system.
AMD athlon 2700
MB=Asus A7N8X Deluxe
OS=XP Pro

software and drivers are loaded but no sound. any advice or help would be greatly apreciated.

No good reason that I know of with the specs you showed. No sound at all? Did you run it through creative diagnostics, and is everything fine there? Do you have your speakers plugged into the right outlet?

just take it to your local computer store. but not one that charges 10 dollars for every little thing. I can't think of any reason you would have that problem.

well, the reason i asked to begin with is a family member said he thought that he heard about there being a conflict with my sound card and XP or my MB. thats why i aksed that specifically. thanx anyway. im sure i can figure it out. not payin somebody for something so simple. just havent had time to meddle with it.

Hey, i'm the family member :)

I thought i remember hearing somewhere that there were problems between creative sound cards and certain motherboards where people werent getting any sound... I would do a damned search if the search werent disabled :mad:

Possible faulty sound card?

Newbie Cheese erm, i mean, Copmagnet, any way to return the sound card? :D

VIA chipsets supposedly don't work well with Creative sound cards. Since you're chipset isn't a VIA, that wouldn't be the problem.

Only other thing I can think of (other than if the card's faulty) is that you might have digital out enabled, and only have analog speakers.

Originally posted by dravalier
VIA chipsets supposedly don't work well with Creative sound cards. Since you're chipset isn't a VIA, that wouldn't be the problem.

Only other thing I can think of (other than if the card's faulty) is that you might have digital out enabled, and only have analog speakers.

Yeh, that possible.... THat option is in the advanced options of the volume control on the taskbar. Make sure thats unchecked. is there a possiblity you could've fried the sound card when you hot swapped that other card in the last computer...?:D

Also, i'm willing to let you borrow my sound card this weekend to see if your sound card is the problem.

Back