Creative Gigaworks S700 any good?

Budzman

[H]ard|Gawd
I was thinking of switching to these speakers so I could get a digital hookup to my creative sound card. I cant stand the interference noise I get with a analog hookup.

Anyone have these or seen any reviews? I currently have z680's and spec wise the Creative speakers seem better.

What is your sound card?

Remember, there is no inherant difference in sound quality of "digital" versus analog... all that changes is WHERE the conversion into analog is (ie, the soundcard or your speakers). What matters more is the quality of the conversion, wherever it is...

I have a SB Audigy2 ZS.

I can hear noise in the speakers like when a game is loading and the hard drives are loading stuff. When I insert a cd into the drive you can hear noise when its speeding up. You can hear it when my z680's are close to half way loud. I used the same speakers with my Soundstorm digital out and never heard interference like this.

That's quite odd. have you tried a 2-channel spdif digital hookup with your current speakers and sound card? How about using the digital hookup for 5.1 DVD's?

they're beaten in the sub area by Klipsch but thats still close. they're very nice speakers

I have recently bought both the audigy 2 zs platinum pro along with the gigaworks s750. I absolutely love them. I used to have the dt3500 + 15 CSW inch sub and audigy 1 platinum ex.

Back