CRC errors reading discs under XP32, fine under Vista64?

Ankle

Gawd
Installing games such as Prince of Persia and NWN2 Storm of Zehir under XP32 SP3 I am getting CRC errors constantly. Under Vista64 SP1 they install fine with no errors. Latest firmware for my Pioneer DVR-111D. Any ideas why it would suddenly start throwing errors under XP only?

Specs in the signature. No errors running Memtest86+ all night.

You might want to update the chipset/storage drivers, since it doesn't it doesn't seem to be a problem with Vista, so the XP drivers might have some problems.

You might want to update the chipset/storage drivers, since it doesn't it doesn't seem to be a problem with Vista, so the XP drivers might have some problems.

Latest drivers under XP and Vista.

I've noticed GTA4 fails to launch under XP now. I imagine its securom having problems verifying the disc although the analysis dump shows it authenticating without error. Works sometimes after a reboot with the disc out of the drive. o.0

Not that I wanted to spend the money but I have a Pioneer DVR-216DBK on the way now. I suppose I should be happy that I have an excuse to get rid of the last IDE cable cluttering my setup.

Back