Crazy Textures

Hey all. I'm not sure if this is inn the right section, so mods please move if needed.

I recently bought a 7800GS and all of my games have been working great and very fast. Well the other day I installed Far Cry, and the first thing I noticed was the fact that all of the textures were really bright. I tried changing several options within the game, but could not solve the problem. Does this sound like anything you've ever heard of? Please let me know.

Thanks.

I had something similar before it was the monitor I just restarted and it went away.

I had the same problem with a 6600 vanilla card. Try messing with your shader settings. The only thing I could do to get rid of it was turn down the shaders and light quality. Still not sure why it does that though.

I had that same issue. it worked fine when i installed the latest patch. crazy texturing allso accurred when i tried to get HDR to work from console (the newest patch is sopposed to have this feature available).

Solarfall said:
I had that same issue. it worked fine when i installed the latest patch. crazy texturing allso accurred when i tried to get HDR to work from console (the newest patch is sopposed to have this feature available).

Yeah, farcry has many many different issues in its unpatched form

After patch 1.33 everything works great. I even got the HDR to work well. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not quite sure why i didn't think to patch it in the first place.

Back