Cramer Hails Nvidia's 'Predictably Fabulous' Jensen Huang as a Visionary CEO

In what way? Before the AI craze, they were riding high on crypto because graphic cards crunch math really well. It's not like Nvidia is the only one capable of doing AI either, just that they do it very well. I'm still not even sure what application people need these AI accelerators for, and that's the elephant in the room people are ignoring.

AI is being researched and used in a whole host of fields not out in the public eye. Over the past 5 years, AI has been used to sift through thousands of images of reports of missing people, exploited people, people being trafficked. It has been used to help identify locations of found behind the photos of victims. It has provided more "eyes" to those people trying to sift through mountains of forums and chats of those who would prey on kids. This just scratches the surface of a problem that effectively cannot hire more people to keep up with the filth that exists on the internet.

I am not trying to advocate for anyone to buy stock, but there is a world beyond the whole hardware enthusiast and gaming junkie that buys video cards for FPS.

Additional commentary,

NVIDIA's Value Now Exceeds $1 Trillion
by T0@st Today, 12:30 Discuss (17 Comments)
NVIDIA has recently joined an elite bunch of publicly listed USA companies with valuations of $1 trillion (or more) - Team Green's share price moved beyond $412 today (May 30), having climbed by more than 30% over the past week. The company's stock value has been reported to have tripled in the span of eight months - this performance surprised a certain subset of financial analysts - having predicted (earlier this year) an overall industry downturn in demand for enterprise hardware. Back in April HSBC raised their recommendation on Nvidia stock to "Buy," the cited reason being an increased uptake of AI processing platforms.

NVIDIA's overall revenue growth was flat in 2022 with profits halved - this led to slightly reduced wages for parts of the executive team (most notably CEO Jensen Huang), but the multinational technology company's fortunes are set to turn around significantly over the course of this current financial year (2023-2024). Intel and AMD are slowly catching up with the market leader in the field of AI processing, with the development of rival technology. It will be interesting to see whether demand for NVIDIA AI GPUs will continue to grow, when alternative products hit the market.”

Nothing to show ?

April 30, 2017: 1.937B
April 30, 2018: 3.207B
April 30, 2019: 2.22B
April 30, 2020: 3.08B

If the next quarter do $11B, it will be close to 500% grow in 6 years...
You're going back to the age of the GTX 1060. Talking about right now, as in they lost 13% revenue, plus their claim for $11B is unsubstantiated. None of their biggest buyers like Meta, Google, and etc are spending more money. None of Nvidia's manufacturer's like TSMC have new orders. Unless Jensen knows something that nobody else knows, they're full of it. Also going from $2B to $3B and then back to $2B isn't something to be proud of, especially when you consider that 2017 is when the previous crypto market crashed.

You can easily come up with a lot of them, you can easily see why speech to text could be nice, object detection in pictures and other visions, you can come up easily with a giant list of machine learning applications.
Seriously? Speech to text? I think even Windows XP had that feature.
You can google machine learning in X and find a bit what is going on in that field, medecine, pharma, petrol, synthetic protein, agriculture:
Can you point to something that actually seems useful that would make some company buy a shit ton of Nvidia AI cards? Everything you linked are research papers that's trying to find an application.
AI is being researched and used in a whole host of fields not out in the public eye. Over the past 5 years, AI has been used to sift through thousands of images of reports of missing people, exploited people, people being trafficked. It has been used to help identify locations of found behind the photos of victims. It has provided more "eyes" to those people trying to sift through mountains of forums and chats of those who would prey on kids. This just scratches the surface of a problem that effectively cannot hire more people to keep up with the filth that exists on the internet.
Sounds cool and all but can you point to an application that needs AI hardware? ChatGPT doesn't count. Also over 5 years means you didn't need Nvidia for AI.
I am not trying to advocate for anyone to buy stock, but there is a world beyond the whole hardware enthusiast and gaming junkie that buys video cards for FPS.
Yea but those junkies have actual software that needs the hardware. For example, self driving cars, which would explain why Nvidia did sell more of those. Door bells that look at a person and identify them. Maybe an AI lawyer that doesn't suck? An anti virus that doesn't delete files that aren't viruses. Something that actually exists that isn't being theory crafted as a check list.

Reactions: erek
like this
You're going back to the age of the GTX 1060. Talking about right now, as in they lost 13% revenue, plus their claim for $11B is unsubstantiated.
Considering they were already quite in the quarter and how much it is pre-sales back-order sales, it would be really strange to make 11B +-2% not vastly substantiated on mostly already made revenues.

Also going from $2B to $3B and then back to $2B isn't something to be proud of, especially when you consider that 2017 is when the previous crypto market crashed
We are talking the trend, what with the ridiculous hyperbole, saying that a company like Nvidia in the last 10 years has not shown growth, or what are we talking about the stock going up and up with nothing to show for it ? Could you be clear without the ridicule hyperbole.
And ? There is no limit to how good it can get until perfection (which it is not yet there), how background noise and multiple voice at the same time, what does it has to do if an AI workload existed during Windows XP, of course it did, since you can speak to automatic voice mail when you call a company. If your question is not about what do people use AI accelerator for but the latest and greatest one that different, but right now people smarthphones use AI accelerator for a bunch of things included better voice recognition and would not be surprised if massive call centre system do:
https://www.makeuseof.com/what-is-a-neural-engine-how-does-it-work/#:~:text=AI Features Powered by ANE&text=Natural language processing: Faster, more,Camera, and other iPhone apps.

Can you point to something that actually seems useful that would make some company buy a shit ton of Nvidia AI cards? Everything you linked are research papers that's trying to find an application.
I linked to research paper that listed already in the field application, in farming for example, predicting soil output via machine learning:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214317318304906

You give all the data you gave give from soil test and what not over region with known result of fertility where farming was testing on them.

Pretty much anything where you have data and a expert result associated with it, you can train model on, new drugs for example use it quite a bit in the 2000s.

The notion of needing or not specialized hardware is a bit strange, you do not need a 3d card to play a 3d game either, we had them before 3d card became popular, iif t is much faster and do more by watts it is still useful to have specialized hardware, in cars, robots or anything real time it can be essential, but even when it is not in real time, for a drug company time is money.

One that is easy to imagine his oil and gaz:
https://algorithmxlab.com/blog/10-applications-machine-learning-oil-gas-industry/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9318068/

Over many decades, people have collected a lot of data trying to predict if a place was a good location to find oil would you drill, before actually spending the money to check, soundwave or what not, they have saved all those sensor result and the associated actual result for locations they actually drilled, you can train a model from that, once trained run similar sensor test of 100 sites, put in the model and test drill the top 10 best scored.

In cancer, for a lot of cancer of bad it really was the day of the operation to get rid of it is quite a guess (say prostate, breast), but people collected data and the result once they knew or dangerous the cancer actually was post operation, you can train a model on that, this as been going on for quite a while now, it is a fully proven concept, that has been used for a while, not just at google-amazon-facebook.

Try to think, is there a field where there is both data and expertise linking to it, it will do machine learning, they will not necessarily buy gpus themselves, they can rent them via a cloud, pay an IBM of the world to do it or pay a AI company.

I am a bit unsure how you do not get about machine learning

when you consider that 2017 is when the previous crypto market crashed.

Nvidia quarter are different than our actual years, they just announced 2024 Q1 and obviously it is about the trend, it is impressively up massed over time (peak when crypto goes up, crash quarter when crypto crash obviously)

Last edited:
You're going back to the age of the GTX 1060. Talking about right now, as in they lost 13% revenue, plus their claim for $11B is unsubstantiated. None of their biggest buyers like Meta, Google, and etc are spending more money. None of Nvidia's manufacturer's like TSMC have new orders. Unless Jensen knows something that nobody else knows, they're full of it. Also going from $2B to $3B and then back to $2B isn't something to be proud of, especially when you consider that 2017 is when the previous crypto market crashed.

Sounds cool and all but can you point to an application that needs AI hardware? ChatGPT doesn't count. Also over 5 years means you didn't need Nvidia for AI.

Yea but those junkies have actual software that needs the hardware. For example, self driving cars, which would explain why Nvidia did sell more of those. Door bells that look at a person and identify them. Maybe an AI lawyer that doesn't suck? An anti virus that doesn't delete files that aren't viruses. Something that actually exists that isn't being theory crafted as a check list.

I actually developed ai models for use in various forensic tools which are currently in use by various agencies. I _cannot_ mention the names of the software. I did require nvidia hardware as I've specified I use DGX hardware and took advantage of the power to scale something that would have taken a lowly 1080ti farm of 100x gpu a few months down to a few weeks on a DGX boxes. A few of these pioneering efforts were bought by microsoft years ago for use in their own community safety ai development. It's weird for you to say I don't need nvidia for ai when you aren't the one doing the research or development on the hardware. I just want to point out that there's a whole community and industry working on not so glamorous AI projects like chatgpt or self driving cars in fields. I'd suggest attending something like the GPU technology conference online or in person and sit in on some of the presentations given. It would really open your eyes to just why this hardware has been helpful. If amd were to make something better, I would swap over. My peers and I don't give a shit about brand loyalty and just want the most cost effective for the time and money spent.

I actually developed ai models for use in various forensic tools which are currently in use by various agencies. I _cannot_ mention the names of the software. I did require nvidia hardware as I've specified I use DGX hardware and took advantage of the power to scale something that would have taken a lowly 1080ti farm of 100x gpu a few months down to a few weeks on a DGX boxes. A few of these pioneering efforts were bought by microsoft years ago for use in their own community safety ai development. It's weird for you to say I don't need nvidia for ai when you aren't the one doing the research or development on the hardware. I just want to point out that there's a whole community and industry working on not so glamorous AI projects like chatgpt or self driving cars in fields. I'd suggest attending something like the GPU technology conference online or in person and sit in on some of the presentations given. It would really open your eyes to just why this hardware has been helpful. If amd were to make something better, I would swap over. My peers and I don't give a shit about brand loyalty and just want the most cost effective for the time and money spent.

The world’s biggest ad agency is going all in on AI with Nvidia’s help​

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/29/tech/nvidia-wpp-ai-advertising/index.html

The world’s biggest ad agency is going all in on AI with Nvidia’s help​

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/29/tech/nvidia-wpp-ai-advertising/index.html
Really loving that AI is just going to make the wealthy even more rich and make average workers suffer even more. We're basically headed back to feudalism if we're lucky. Hope it's worth it in the long term for all of these companies when we hit 20 percent unemployment. None of the productivity boost is good if it's just going to cause society to be unable to function any longer. Really sad times ahead as if things aren't bad enough.

Really loving that AI is just going to make the wealthy even more rich and make average workers suffer even more. We're basically headed back to feudalism if we're lucky. Hope it's worth it in the long term for all of these companies when we hit 20 percent unemployment. None of the productivity boost is good if it's just going to cause society to be unable to function any longer. Really sad times ahead as if things aren't bad enough.

Nah man I thought the Cybertruck looked stupid cause it was like something out of Blade Runner and looked out of place, but dude really just saw the AI cyberpunk future coming - credit where it's due 👌

Reactions: erek
like this
Everyone should've seen this coming. Unless everyone already forgot where all the wealth went during industrialization. It's clearly not by accident either - it's by design and out in the open for anyone to see. America will be a third world country in a very short amount of time, and AI will play its part (as well as automation). And with the shortage of laborers in America (legal and illegal), we're really in dire need of these things.

Oh...wait...

Back