CPU Upgrade (Maybe)

countryboy

n00b
I am starting to do a little video processing with windows movie maker but my system is being maxxed out during these sessions can anyone tell me what the cheapest upgrade would be to help chew through the video editing stuff. I have a AMD 3200+ BIOSTAR socket 939 Geforce 6100 M9 system. I can't afford a new MB right now and would like to stay with as much of my system as i can. Thanks for any advise.:)

I'm running 2.5 gigs of ram but it still will max the cpu out. I will look into this but was wondering if maybe some dual core stuff would help or not.

I'm running 2.5 gigs of ram but it still will max the cpu out. I will look into this but was wondering if maybe some dual core stuff would help or not.

The dual-core CPUs will help out immensely. Unfortunately though, finding a dual core S939 CPU for a reasonable price is going to be difficult, even if you're buying used. Your best bet is to hit up the For Sale For Trade forum we have here, and post a WTB (wanting to buy) thread for a dual-core S939 CPU. Don't pay $60 for a X2 3600+. Maybe a X2 4200+ for that price.

So if i can find some 4200 cheap enough this will help chew through my little video projects?

So if i can find some 4200 cheap enough this will help chew through my little video projects?

It'll help out a lot, yes. Dunno if it will chew through it. That requries a quad-core me-thinks:)

But the X2 4200+ will be a major upgrade over your current CPU.

Back