CPU Temp Questions

DFinan

Weaksauce
hi I just put together an AMD Phenom II X4 965 System I am trying to find a tool that is good at reporting cpu temps and also what a nornal range of temps I can expect to see the cpu at. Thanks for any info yuo can send my way

Try this
http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php
Normal Temps mmm google it out, you might find the answer.

This is a great program. You'll see two temp readings related to your processor, "CPU" and "Core". The second is the more accurate. As for normal temps, that depends on many factors, such as ambient temp, case airflow, and cooler. As long as you can keep your "Core" temps under 60C, you shouldn't have any problems.

Core Temp is an awsome program, especially since it runs well in the background, and will show in your task bar.....HWmonitor i use during games to watch all my temps

as for a normal temp, it depends on the cooler....a stock cooler, with no overclock, in a decently ventalatied case should idle at 35 C.....there are too many variables to give a normal temp level.

Thanks for the info I found some other posts further down and have downloaded and installed AMD Overdrive. I am still installing drivers and such and the temps are sitting around 40 C. Nothing real ard being thrown at the cpu yet though.

run p95 for about 10-15 minutes.. should find the max temp.. but if its idling at 40C on the stock cooling you should be perfectly fine.. i also second coretemp.. i usually run coretemp and speedfan and set speedfan to show the gpu temp in the task bar so i can see both since those are the only 2 important temps for me..

It would be nice if there was a program that would read die temps once you unlock extra cores...

Thanks for the info I found some other posts further down and have downloaded and installed AMD Overdrive. I am still installing drivers and such and the temps are sitting around 40 C. Nothing real ard being thrown at the cpu yet though.

For reference, my 965 hovers around 28° C with water cooling (Corsair H50).

It would be nice if there was a program that would read die temps once you unlock extra cores...

that is impossible.....the CPU itself turns them off since the "faulty" cores sensors are probably bad

that is impossible.....the CPU itself turns them
off since the "faulty" cores sensors are probably bad

Still would be nice though... :)

I think the operative "faulty" is the key here. I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything actually wrong with my 4th core on my pii 720. You'd think there would be some way to enable the sensors. Especially to at least keep the three I had before.

Just thinking out loud here....

AMD OverDrive...Single application. Can monitor GPU temps, CPU temps, motherboard and everything else. And is the best application to use for overclocking when you have a BE CPU.

Back