couple of battlefield questions

phatmatt

[H]ard|Gawd
Should I get BF2 or 2142 and if 2142 sucks should I only get the SF expantion pack or the others as well?

I agree. bf2 and the expansions. I like the special forces pack.

I also have 2142, and Northern Strike. It was good for its time, but not now. BF2 still has some steam in it.

BF2 Definitely!!

I haven't played it for a little while, but it's still fun & I'll play it again. As stated, get the SF/Deluxe version, it should be ~$20 at most places & gives you x2 the amount of guns to choose from

Should I get BF2 or 2142 and if 2142 sucks should I only get the SF expantion pack or the others as well?

Both are very good. 2142 is better than Special force.

The gameplay is different in 2142. There is a demo for both, so try it and judge yourself.
2142 is more a new game than just a mod like for vietnam and bf1.

I'm not sure which gameplay is better. It's like choosing between ut and quake gameplay, both are good. I prefer the pace of bf2 and the squad of 2142. Because you need to place beacon if you want your squad members to spawn. The new titan mod and the walker are worth the cash. The cloak and the futuristic weapons of 2142 is damm hot.

But BF2 is a classic. I prefer the aiming system and hitbox system of bf2. It is why I play more bf2 than 2142. I played 60 hours of 2142 and I probably won't ever play again. I still play bf2 a lot and the mods are so hot. 2142 is somehow a rpg, you get better skillz if you have a better rank. BF2 is better on that aspect.

Back