Counter-Strike 2 is official - Summer of 2023 - free upgrade to CS:GO

Assassins Creed Mirage also seems to have some issues with E cores causing some stuttering. I wish Intel would get rid of that E core garbage for high end desktop cpus. It is just too inconsistent and people should not ever have to worry about losing performance when going with top end gaming cpus.

Got bored w/ BOT // PRACTICE & jumped online for a few rounds yesterday & did pretty good.

I couldn't remember the mic hot key at first & was totally shocked that everyone else on mic was a 12 year old girl.

My old clan is long gone, so I am pretty much done w/ this game until it gets things working better (Arms Race / user maps, etc.)

Got bored w/ BOT // PRACTICE & jumped online for a few rounds yesterday & did pretty good.

I couldn't remember the mic hot key at first & was totally shocked that everyone else on mic was a 12 year old girl.

My old clan is long gone, so I am pretty much done w/ this game until it gets things working better (Arms Race / user maps, etc.)

Look for Russian servers, everyone's a guy, you can't understand shit, and git gud challenge 👌

My god, I just lost one 0-13. I'm guessing in 2500+ hours of CS:GO it's happened to me before but I don't remember it if so. How tf does the ranking system in this game work? At the end of a match it'll say "Win x amount of games to reveal your rank", but the number makes no sense, it's almost like you're ranked based on the map but you have to go +10 wins to be ranked, meaning if you win/lose 50/50 you'll never be ranked?

Oh, there is a bot thing?

I sort of enjoy FPS games, but MP ruins it for me. I'd be a top contender for one of those gamer rage videos.

There an unlock or leveling system or anything?

Well I finally unlocked a rank on a map yesterday (forget which one) and it put me at silver 3 🤣

Guess I’m just too old for this crap anymore. Oh well, still fun, even with potato aim.

Oh, there is a bot thing?

I sort of enjoy FPS games, but MP ruins it for me. I'd be a top contender for one of those gamer rage videos.

There an unlock or leveling system or anything?

Play against BOTS with these menu items:

1696951586765.png

Really crazy AMD just released this like that, without thinking about this, advertising it for this, and without checking this apparently with or by Valve

It seems like AMD is taking the blame for this, but at the same time this feature isn't getting people banned in any other game, not sure it's solely AMD's fault.

It seems like AMD is taking the blame for this, but at the same time this feature isn't getting people banned in any other game, not sure it's solely AMD's fault.

I guess they got whitelisted elsewhere.

Or they didn't and people were just getting queued up for a banwave.

Their method is a very obvious way to get checked/flagged by anti-cheat software in general - DLL hooking/bypass

It was an obvious problem on their end from conception they should have checked (even to get whitelisted - especially for a game they advertise for this)

Like saying walking into a bank with a mask on isn't gonna make people think you're there to start something - it's a bad idea before you do it - call the bank ahead of time let them know you'll be showing up in a mask is what AMD should have done here

Maybe they wanted to bring attention to the issue? After all it is the anti-cheat that is getting in the way of technological progress here.
NVIDIA Reflex doesn't run afoul of the anti-cheat and works just fine. AMD was just looking for an easy way to have universal game support and did what cheaters do to get it working, instead.

NVIDIA Reflex doesn't run afoul of the anti-cheat and works just fine. AMD was just looking for an easy way to have universal game support and did what cheaters do to get it working, instead.

There's nothing inherently wrong with injecting a dll, it depends on what you're doing after that.

This is how every overlay and piece of recording software works. You can watch OBS inject into any arbitrary process you try to point it at with Procmon - try to game capture Notepad and you'll see the module get loaded.

Apparently someone found you can now earn yourself a VAC ban by spinning like crazy. Crank your DPI and let it rip. Looks like you'll fry yourself in a few minutes.

This is an interesting stress test for VAC Net. Since it shows their behavioral detection is at least functioning... except you can gaslight it into a false positive.

Apparently someone found you can now earn yourself a VAC ban by spinning like crazy. Crank your DPI and let it rip. Looks like you'll fry yourself in a few minutes.

This is an interesting stress test for VAC Net. Since it shows their behavioral detection is at least functioning... except you can gaslight it into a false positive.
I would be really interested into seeing how some of the cheat detection works in some games. They rarely show anything because it just gives cheaters better insight how to beat the system.

I wonder if they're doing any machine learning detection or if they just have some manually written rules about turning at inhuman speeds.

I would be really interested into seeing how some of the cheat detection works in some games. They rarely show anything because it just gives cheaters better insight how to beat the system.

I wonder if they're doing any machine learning detection or if they just have some manually written rules about turning at inhuman speeds.

They are, Overwatch was used to train this system - aptly named VAC Net. It's probably trained on millions of cases at least. Pretty sure I've seen them give a talk on it somewhere.

This is definitely not a detection like the AMD debacle.

I assume this means it is some omnipresent thing just running server side that eats chunks of game state and infers anomalies from it.

You'll never run into this in normal gameplay, but it's stupid easy to replicate if you try. I suppose they'll need to weight this detection (spinning like a maniac) so it alone can't be considered a guarantee.

My god, I just lost one 0-13. I'm guessing in 2500+ hours of CS:GO it's happened to me before but I don't remember it if so. How tf does the ranking system in this game work? At the end of a match it'll say "Win x amount of games to reveal your rank", but the number makes no sense, it's almost like you're ranked based on the map but you have to go +10 wins to be ranked, meaning if you win/lose 50/50 you'll never be ranked?
I think for "competitive" mode you get a rank after winning 10 times on each map individually but the "premier" mode is the new rank system, you get a rank after winning 10 times total playing on any map. I believe the general consensus is the old "competitive" mode is dead and is used for warm-up/for practice while premier is the serious business mode.

Played my first premier match yesterday on Nuke, forgot what the heck all the spots were being called out.. trophy, heaven, mini, secret whatever but got reported several times for "hacking" by these middleschoolers on the opposing team just because I aced them in the pistol round 1v5 to start off and aim for the head with my AK :D but while they were scouring through my profile to see if I just made a new account to hack, it was brought to my attention my Steam account is approaching 20 years old soon! I remember doing the cool thing by not giving into Steam until I really really had to... to activate my HL2 code from my ATi 9800XT purchase back then. Cool bragging story bro LOL

I think for "competitive" mode you get a rank after winning 10 times on each map individually but the "premier" mode is the new rank system, you get a rank after winning 10 times total playing on any map. I believe the general consensus is the old "competitive" mode is dead and is used for warm-up/for practice while premier is the serious business mode.

Played my first premier match yesterday on Nuke, forgot what the heck all the spots were being called out.. trophy, heaven, mini, secret whatever but got reported several times for "hacking" by these middleschoolers on the opposing team just because I aced them in the pistol round 1v5 to start off and aim for the head with my AK :D but while they were scouring through my profile to see if I just made a new account to hack, it was brought to my attention my Steam account is approaching 20 years old soon! I remember doing the cool thing by not giving into Steam until I really really had to... to activate my HL2 code from my ATi 9800XT purchase back then. Cool bragging story bro LOL

My account is nearing the big 20 too...

There's a reasonable chance my account is literally older than a meaningful amount of people I'm playing with...

Insert Matt Damon turning old gif

High sensitivity spinning is considered disruptive behavior and can result in at least a temporary ban. This has been a thing for many years at this point in multiplayer FPS games. It's not new to CS2 and it's not a false positive.

High sensitivity spinning is considered disruptive behavior and can result in at least a temporary ban. This has been a thing for many years at this point in multiplayer FPS games. It's not new to CS2 and it's not a false positive.

I have literally never once heard of this being a thing in any FPS I've ever played, ever. This is nonsense.

Also this is a _permanent cheating infraction_, issued by the anti cheat. You can dumpster your 2 decade steam account by fucking around in a deathmatch for a couple minutes. Now you get the ban branding on your steam profile and your entire inventory is untradable at that point so its worth becomes nil.

I have literally never once heard of this being a thing in any FPS I've ever played, ever. This is nonsense.

Also this is a _permanent cheating infraction_, issued by the anti cheat. You can dumpster your 2 decade steam account by fucking around in a deathmatch for a couple minutes. Now you get the ban branding on your steam profile and your entire inventory is untradable at that point so its worth becomes nil.
Then don't FAFO? I don't understand why people feel the need to do this kind of questionable shit in a multiplayer game to begin with and then cry about it online when they do.

Then don't FAFO? I don't understand why people feel the need to do this kind of questionable shit in a multiplayer game to begin with and then cry about it online when they do.

What is questionable about just dicking around in warm-up waiting for a match or scrim to start. I've probably done this hundreds of times over the years at least.

And it's completely irrelevant anyway because any way you slice it, it's not cheating.

I dunno I put 'spinning really fast is a ban' more in the realm of 'pussy ass hall monitoring' rather than 'FAFO' myself

But maybe that's just me

Back