Countdown to 1000 switches to the SMP client

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldamon

Supreme [H]ardness
Switched my X6800 for a Q6700 and went back to SMP on Sunday......SMP didnt play well with my overclocked X6800...but its not too bad with the Q6700

Im back in bidness..:) ..my PPD should start to climb back up very soon.....

997 to go......

Yeah, 1000 is probably a rediculous goal, but damn the numbers would look sweet if the team can pull it off! :)

Yeah, 1000 is probably a rediculous goal, but damn the numbers would look sweet if the team can pull it off! :)

MPC is almost outfolding us in PPD with 254 fewer active folders. 1000 switches might be lofty goal, but it's also fair to say our team is not maximizing PPD for whatever reason.

SMP client is junk, always have to check on it, freezes-blah blah blah they need to cut the new one loose

SMP client is junk, always have to check on it, freezes-blah blah blah they need to cut the new one loose

It's not junk. It's what MPC is using to catch us. If you give it another shot we will gladly help you trouble-shoot. :D

My farm is 98% SMP, Windows to boot ;)

Like our smack talk king said, give it another try and we can help you get a stable setup.

My farm is 98% SMP, Windows to boot

I beat you.
My farm is 100% SMP.
But only 1 Windoze SMP client.
17 Linux SMP clients of which 12 run in VM's.

One thing I've found out is that the VM client is independent of the external network connection.
So if the client keeps stopping because your network drops then try running it inside a VM.
Most of my boxen have been running all January with no hitches.

Luck .......... :D

:D I read that earlier today and it made me chuckle... Now it's time to get around to it, and switch 1k -> SMP :D That alone should be sufficient for the lord to help them.

add me to the list...just upgraded my system and its now an E6550 and the sempron 3000+ is now my fileserver up in the closet and it just sits there cranking out 120 PPD or so 996 to go

Add another, the CPU came from newegg today, I love upgrades :)

My question is, is this only switches from the single core to SMP client or are we also including new systems which utilize the SMP client?

As posted in the other thread, I just added a quad with two VMs running. It's not a switch but it's adding. Technically, I had the regular client running on all 4 cores for 1 WU until I was able to get everything for the VMs setup correctly so I would have 1 client added/switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back