Could It Be TRUE!?!?!?!?! is this the NVIDIA/ATI KILLER?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does that kill ATi or Nvidia? It's memory. That's memory that will likely get bought to make faster Nvidia and ATi cards.

ummm thats just the memory...they make memory now as it is that is on some boards

You think samsung would sell to both ATI and nVidia or just the one? If its just one there could be even more rivalry..

Umm... it would help rather than hurt dude... Samsung provides chips to both companies...

Why would it kill ati or nvidia?

Samsung is one of the largest dram mfger out there and they sell most of their gddr ram to ati and nvidia... That's a great thing for ati and nvidia.

~Adam

this is now 2 posts ive read from this guy that are completely and utterly WRONG

Sir-Fragalot said:
How does that kill ATi or Nvidia? It's memory. That's memory that will likely get bought to make faster Nvidia and ATi cards.

it kills ati & nvidia when they announce product based on this memory and then it is not available for production in mass quantities ;)

tranCendenZ said:
it kills ati & nvidia when they announce product based on this memory and then it is not available for production in mass quantities ;)

Too true.

~Adam

??? That happens everyday, and neither one of them are going anywhere. I'd like a third real competitor as much as anyone, but this isn't it. They're not anywhere close yet, but maybe in a while, we can look here: http://www.s3graphics.com/ Who knows.

nVidia is already using 512mb of memory on their quadro line of cards, so it's nothing that new. Also, the 3dlabs wildcat cards have also been around with 512mb for a good time too.

Nah, this is great.... With a card that will be that expensive other cards will go down in price. :p

aaaah the fast ram will kill us all! the apocalypse is nigh!!!! why doesn't Sun or IBM make a Power based graphics card? Maybe we should all be using SGI graphics cards instead.

MetalStorm said:
nVidia is already using 512mb of memory on their quadro line of cards, so it's nothing that new. Also, the 3dlabs wildcat cards have also been around with 512mb for a good time too.

BUT, their not using Samsung 512 chips which means that whoever their using now is more expensive for them to produce a gaming card so they leave it to top end apps like CAD/3DMAX so they charge $1.5K plus a card, cause noway would they make a gaming card in mass production that would go for that much even back then, they'd be outta business

LOL!

I need a retard list in addition to my ignore list.
So I can look at future posts and go... ohhh, that explains it.

i thought this was going to be another one of the "have you seen what Bitboys has come up with" threads... but i was wrong.. it's worse, since it isn't even talking about a competitor, but rather a supplier.

i just have to chime in here.

lol.

supplier for parts != competitor. supplier for parts == friend.

by the way, these 512mBIT chips means that 8 of them will be required to supply your GPU with 512mBYTES of goodness.

4 of these chips would give you a 256meg card.

Thats typically how math works. Yea this thread is dangerously ill informed. :(

XxMe_LoCoxX said:
WELL, this might be old news to some of you but i just read it and i must say, i cant wait to see how this one turns out.

The ATI/NVIDIA killer???
Do us a favor and end your life now.

Cause it's quite obvious that you LACK all of the needed intelligence to be considered a "useful" or "productive" human-being.

Give the poor guy a break. This forum is to help people not make dumbass mistakes, not scorn them when they do lol. But it is pretty funny.

after reading the page.. i was wondering if he wasnt slightly on to something.. nowhere dose it say that this solution is acrossed mutiple chips... if it is 512mB per chip... heh... 4 gig cards any one... now.. looking at the bandwidth specks.. i know this isnt true... but i had to reread it just to be shure.. alomst had me going though..

thore

thanks for all your valued input :rolleyes:

EnderW has been warned for posting stuff that makes fun of mentally handicapped people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back