Cosmos S Revision Coming Up This Month

A Cooler Master Administrator Posted information about the upcoming Revision to the Cosmos S. (It Really Needed One)

http://forum.coolermaster.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10148

Hi All,

The official change of the Cosmos S Revision model will have a model number of RC-1100-KKN2-GP. This is unconfirmed for now but most likely will bare that model number in US.

For the changes:
- Fix door latch
- fix 230mm fan material so it doesn't break easy
- fix paint issue on bottom rails
- fix positioning of side fan to support tall tower

i believe there's more fix but i could not remember on top of my head.

If you're in US, please contact our customer support @ [email protected] or call 1-888-624-5099 and sign up. The change right now is planning for May but we will create a post to update later.

What do you think? What are you hoping for them to fix? And No he has also said there will be no removable motherboard tray.

Changing the position of the large side fan slightly so you can fit large heatsinks is great. Tray for MB is good, I wouldn't mind seeing another HDD solution, more slots and some anti-vibration. Silence treatment, some pads.

Good to see they're correcting those minor issues...
Might be a good case for my next build :)

what about the power switch, I much rather a traditional reset/power on set up.

Also, it's good to see that Coolermaster cares what we say.

When you go look this case up at newegg and look at the reviews and most reviews that are under 3 eggs has a comment from Coolermaster Customer Service saying ways they can help you out with the problem with the case. Yeah CM Service is top notch. :)

what about the power switch, I much rather a traditional reset/power on set up.

I have the same idea too! My friend told me that each time his PC gets a BSOD, the Power button would not work! Also, each time his PC is not responding, the Power button also does not work!
So, he had to resort to some traditional way of turning off the system, by switching the power supply ON and OFF...:(:(:(:(
That is totally lame for something that costs you $250...:(:(

Also, it would be nice to have a Hard Drive arrangement just like the original Cosmos 1000. The way the cables hide themselves made the entire look of the case much more nicer. CM can also accommodate the superior design of the CM 690 in term of designing the Hard Drive cage.:)

My third suggestion for improvement is for them to actually cut some holes in the motherboard tray so that people can easily route their cables and have a much more beautiful case to look at.;)

I dont see why this CosmoS case is so hot right now...its just too big for my taste

I'm only interested in it for the ability to mount a top 360mm rad

Other than that the look isn't that great, the HDD mounting and power switch is quite a concern.

One of the members on the CoolerMaster Forums Emailed Customer Service asking about when the Cosmos S revision will come out, and this is what he got.

Hi guys,

Seems there's alot of interest for the release of this revision. I just received a mail from Cooler Master Customer Service (US). The mail states that the cosmos s revision will arrive in their warehouse on 5/13 (tomorrow). This should mean that the case will be available at the Cooler Master resellers near the end of May.

Sounds good! Can't wait for pictures of the new Revision!

One of the members on the CoolerMaster Forums Emailed Customer Service asking about when the Cosmos S revision will come out, and this is what he got.

Sounds good! Can't wait for pictures of the new Revision!

Hope that the information is real.. I am dying to see the revision too!:D

I have the same idea too! My friend told me that each time his PC gets a BSOD, the Power button would not work! Also, each time his PC is not responding, the Power button also does not work!
So, he had to resort to some traditional way of turning off the system, by switching the power supply ON and OFF...:(:(:(:(
That is totally lame for something that costs you $250...:(:(
Tell your friend to continually press the power switch for 5 seconds and it will turn off his computer.

HB

I wish the Cosmos 1000 had the fancy power button switch. :( I'm sure we won't see that new version of the S in Canada for a while. :(

I wish the Cosmos 1000 had the fancy power button switch. :( I'm sure we won't see that new version of the S in Canada for a while. :(

What is so good about the power button swithc?? I don't find it really good. My friend told me that he kept accidentally turning on his system while cleaning the case with a cloth..:mad:

Really? Is this a guy who runs into screened doors a lot, too?

No offense to your friend, but there's no amount of tech that can fix stupid.

~Semi

Really? Is this a guy who runs into screened doors a lot, too?

No offense to your friend, but there's no amount of tech that can fix stupid.

~Semi

None taken..
If you have the case, try wiping it with a wet cloth.. You will surely find yourself once in a while to accidentally touch the power button itself..:rolleyes:

Almost reaching the end of May already....

Really anxious to see the updated version of this case.. Hope that it will be wonderful..

:)

Yeah. It's taking me so long to get set up for my build that I'm coming down a bit on the tech level, myself. Cut some fat out of the case and cooling options, and you can easily drop down $300-500.

~Semi

It hasn't been released yet afaik. I read somewhere that it may be within the next few weeks though..

I doubt it'll look much different. The only noticeable thing would probably be the moving of the side fan toward the lower right to make room for tall tower coolers.

According to their forums, some have already started shipping, but it seems as though they're just trying to seed them in among the existing cases, instead of discounting the older cases to clear em out.

Weird.

I'm not building until mid-July, so I hope they have this figured out by then.

~S

Hope they change the hard drive space.. Some rubber grommet would be nice..

Yeah, that's a change I was hoping for, too. It looks like they're mainly focussing on more room for the CPU coolers and nickel-and-dime stuff on the rails/vents, though.

If I could change two things about the case, I would add grommets to the HD mounts and ...ok, if I could change one thing about the case...!

~S

Man, just found out about this revision. I hope it comes soon. I planned on purchasing one in about 2 weeks.

Back