Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT

Looks like newegg has it for the same price. Nice find.

EDIT: Can't get the linky to work, just click the banner above and search for "Corsair XMS 1Gb" and you will see them.

I use to be a diehard Newegg fan but lately (over the past 6 months or so) I've been giving ZipZoomFly (aka Googlegear) my money instead because 95% of their stuff comes with free 2nd day UPS which is awesome.

now, I'm not saying that Newegg sucks cuz we all know they dont but it sometimes sucks when you live across the country from Newegg and sometimes it takes Newegg's "FedEx saver" an extra day to arrive. that extra day seems like 2 weeks when you're in a hurry to play with your new goodies like I am sometimes. :D

again, ZipZoomFly does the free 2nd day air and their prices are almost dead-on with Newegg's.

Originally posted by ozziegn
I use to be a diehard Newegg fan but lately (over the past 6 months or so) I've been giving ZipZoomFly (aka Googlegear) my money instead because 95% of their stuff comes with free 2nd day UPS which is awesome.

now, I'm not saying that Newegg sucks cuz we all know they dont but it sometimes sucks when you live across the country from Newegg and sometimes it takes Newegg's "FedEx saver" an extra day to arrive. that extra day seems like 2 weeks when you're in a hurry to play with your new goodies like I am sometimes. :D

again, ZipZoomFly does the free 2nd day air and their prices are almost dead-on with Newegg's.

Yepp, I usually use newegg to browse than take the same product and go to ZipZoomFly to purchase it, almost always the same price with free second day delivery and sometimes the product is evan retail.

For some reason Newegg is SUPER fast getting to me. I ordered a 120Gb WD SATA drive from them Thursday, the drive shipped Friday and arrived Monday. That's BLOODY FREAKIN FAST!

Originally posted by Mr_Evil
For some reason Newegg is SUPER fast getting to me. I ordered a 120Gb WD SATA drive from them Thursday, the drive shipped Friday and arrived Monday. That's BLOODY FREAKIN FAST!

Agreed. Newegg's shipping gets to me sooner than expected...ALWAYS.

I bought a CPU from them on a Wednesday, it shipped on Wednesday, and it arrived Friday. My A70, which came from them, did similarly well.

I love newegg shipping.

When ever I order from newegg with the Free FedEx Saver it gets here next day. I love their shipping, always so fast

I've had problems returning things to googlegear and newegg is always awesome. Besides, they send me free stuff (shirts, pens) every so often and I'm loyal until they screw me over.

I bet you that newegg is probably one of FedEx's largest customers. Wanting to keep that relationship going they try to get Newegg's outgoing shipments to their destinations faster than they would somebody else. At least that's my theory.

Originally posted by Mr_Evil
I bet you that newegg is probably one of FedEx's largest customers. Wanting to keep that relationship going they try to get Newegg's outgoing shipments to their destinations faster than they would somebody else. At least that's my theory.

Not a good theory. My shit from fedex is usually at the nearest fedex location in 2 days. However, they refuse to deliver it because I paid for express and not 2 day. I can go pick it up, 50 miles, but screw making that trip when they come through town daily anyways.

Originally posted by BadAssSaturn
When ever I order from newegg with the Free FedEx Saver it gets here next day. I love their shipping, always so fast

gee, you must live near CA or the Jersey area hence the reason why your stuff arrives the next day.

again, for people like myself who live in FL, their FedEx saver sucks. :(

thats where ZipZoomFly has the upper hand on Newegg. ;)

Originally posted by batotman
Not a good theory. My shit from fedex is usually at the nearest fedex location in 2 days. However, they refuse to deliver it because I paid for express and not 2 day. I can go pick it up, 50 miles, but screw making that trip when they come through town daily anyways.

yup, thats happened to me on plenty of occasions and it just burns my ass that they're willing to let my stuff just sit there for that extra day damn well knowing it couldve been thrown on the truck that same day.

oh well, I usually just end up driving to their facility if the package is important enough.

gee, you must live near CA or the Jersey area hence the reason why your stuff arrives the next day.

again, for people like myself who live in FL, their FedEx saver sucks. :(

thats where ZipZoomFly has the upper hand on Newegg. ;)

That's not it either. I live in Amarillo Texas (BFE anyone?) and I get stuff the day after its shipped from newegg. I guess it could be these things:

FedEx people in Texas just plain kick ass...
My having a FedEx account gives me preferential treatment...

The reason FedEx lets packages sit in the depot an extra day is probably due to the fact there are enough packages guaranteed to be delivered THAT day to fill all their trucks. Anything that arrives but is not guaranteed that same day to be delivered is left behind unless space is available. It's called PRIORITY. Stuff on Priority Overnight or 2 day takes a front seat to Express Saver.

Back