Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers + Sony X90J TV, Good Combo?

biggles

2[H]4U
I have had the Corsair speakers for years, they work great. The X90J has a headphone jack, so I was thinking about using the Corsairs. Good idea? I have heard that 2.1 speakers are superior to soundbars. Also, would it seriously degrade the sound quality if the speakers were placed behind the screen? Reason for asking is that the X90J is on top of a table and there is no extra space on the L and R sides of it.

I have had the Corsair speakers for years, they work great. The X90J has a headphone jack, so I was thinking about using the Corsairs. Good idea? I have heard that 2.1 speakers are superior to soundbars. Also, would it seriously degrade the sound quality if the speakers were placed behind the screen? Reason for asking is that the X90J is on top of a table and there is no extra space on the L and R sides of it.
I couldn't fit my 5.1 surround sound speakers with my x90j without mounting them behind the TV on the wall (same problem with my spare 2.1s). I didn't like that idea much so I went with a soundbar and 10in sub. Sounds is good for movies, games and was only like $250 all told. Only real drawback is I have to use the soundbars remote to adjust its volume.
If possible, I would definitely go with 2.1 or better vs a soundbar but if that's not possible soundbars are still good. Don't fall for the silly integrated BASS soundbar hoohaa. There's no comparison to having a decent sub.

Back