Corsair RM850i Fully Modular 850W PSU

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are in the market for a new power supply, you might want to check out PC Perspective's review of the 850W Corsair RM850i fully modular PSU.

Overall, the new RM850i proved to be a very good power supply (excellent performance and quiet operation). It only sacrifices a few of the AXi Series premium features (like even tighter voltage regulation and advanced Corsair Link control) for a more affordable price point.

Would be nice if these companies made high quality digital PSU's that were 400-450w for those who want clean power but only use IGPU and a SSD pulling less then 100 watts.

I know Seasonic has their fanless ones, guess I am old school and would rather have some fan even if moving at only 500rpm.

If you have the choice to buy this one or the eVGA 850w Supernova G2 which one will you pick?

About to pull the trigger on one of them as my old PSU started to coil whine after few years of use :D

EDIT: F!ck it! I ordered the Corsair RM850i. I love how they coat the components. I believe this should help with coil whine

Source: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=432

RM750i-028.jpg

Last edited:
I highly doubt that you would need a high-end PSU for that. Anything will be good enough.

That would be like asking Rolls Royce: Hey! Can you make a Hyundai Sonata?

Not really, if you have a simple system but want clean power and don't need 800 watts which would be a waste.

You certainly could run a 100w system with a 650w psu, it just won't be very efficient.

EVGA G2 is Superflower made. EVGA GS is Seasonic made. I'm not too sure how much more solid you can get than those two.

Your trusted RM is made by CWT. Which, by the way, made the Neo 550 that you had problems with.

If you're going to trust something, trust the OEM, not the brand label.

EVGA G2 is Superflower made. EVGA GS is Seasonic made. I'm not too sure how much more solid you can get than those two.

Your trusted RM is made by CWT. Which, by the way, made the Neo 550 that you had problems with.

If you're going to trust something, trust the OEM, not the brand label.

Exactly this. I'd trust a Superflower, Seasonic, or Delta unit way more than a CWT box.

Back