Corsair Neutron GTX vs Samsung 840 Pro Reliability

TechJeff

Limp Gawd
Just wanted to get some feedback from owners on how reliable the Corsair Neutron GTX is compared to say the Samsung 830 (prior model) or 840 Pro models? I need another SSD and can find some 830 drives fairly good price. However, I would spend extra for the newer models if they are reliable.

What concerned me some is I have read on some sites and also reseller sites like Newegg that some have had their new Corsair Neutron GTX drives to fail or not show any more in Windows requiring an RMA. Some say they have had rotten luck with most Corsair drives compared to Samsung, Crucial and Intel.

Thanks

I'm using the Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB as my OS drive for my desktop and have had no problems as of yet (have had it for a few months).

If quality is your primary concern, then I would go with a Plextor M5P SSD. Second choice would be a Samsung 830. Third choice would be an 840 Pro. Corsair would not make the cut. Crucial m4 would be on the list, but only if you can find it for much cheaper than the three choices listed above.

Back