Corsair link software problem

FearTheCow

Supreme [H]ardness
I cant get custom fan profiles to work with the H100i. Well, thats not 100% true, they worked for about 10 minutes and now it just sets the fans to run at the lowest fan rpm value I have set.

Hell, if someone can tell me how to completely remove all traces of the corsair link software from my computer and reset the cooler so I can try to start all over again that would be great. I have removed fan profiles and uninstalled but it looks like it is saving the custom profile somewhere because when I reinstall it is the profile I setup.

You using the latest version of Link and the latest firmware for the H100i? I had strange problems until I downloaded the latest from Corsairs website.

You using the latest version of Link and the latest firmware for the H100i? I had strange problems until I downloaded the latest from Corsairs website.

Under "devices" it says:
Corsair Hydro USB - Ver. 2.0.0
Corsair H100i - 1.05

If you open Options tab and click on About on the left column it should display the version of Link you are using.

Well, that's the latest. Not sure what your problem is. Best I can say is set your fans manually and save the profile.

I am somewhat happy with quiet mode right now, it keeps idle temps below 32c and when running prime95 it tops out around 58. It bugs me because it stays around 33-35c with the fans running at 900rpm which is 400 less then what quiet mode idles at.

On a side note, fuck VIA, there POS USB 3.0 driver was using a constant 12% of my CPU and so it wasn't throttling down at idle and was bumping load temps a couple degrees too somehow.

I had issues with link and 8.1

It would ramp up my fans for no apparent reason. I uninstalled it and it's working fine now

In 8.1 Windows detects the USB link as something that should be idled when it isn't in use, so it basically shuts down the link software and device after you close out of the program. There is a way to fix it over on the corsair support forums, I haven't bothered with mine as I am going back to custom water soon.

Back