Corsair K95 preorder now

Have mine pre-ordered from Newegg. Can't wait to receive it, hope it works well. This'll be my first mechanical keyboard.

I ordered it a few days ago when it was still showing pre order at Newegg but now it is showing out of stock. It was supposed to ship 5/21.

Per Newegg they ran out of stock and I wasn't included in the first batch that went out. Shucks.

Per Newegg they ran out of stock and I wasn't included in the first batch that went out. Shucks.

Did they actually ship any out though? I don't think it is actually out yet. Newegg kept changing the release date and I think they have just been putting up random dates, because no other sites say it is released yet.

Did they actually ship any out though? I don't think it is actually out yet. Newegg kept changing the release date and I think they have just been putting up random dates, because no other sites say it is released yet.
According to the Newegg rep she said that it was shipped. The first batch went out to the people who bought initially pre ordered.

The hardware switch isn't for poll rate. It's to support compatibility with different BIOS'es.
(I have the K70)

According to the Newegg rep she said that it was shipped. The first batch went out to the people who bought initially pre ordered.

Ah okay. That is good, hopefully they get more in soon. I'm surprised Amazon hasn't started shipping them too though.

1.) What is the difference between the K60 and K70?

The K70 is fully mechanical—every key has a Cherry MX switch under it now. Additionally K70 features key-by-key customizable backlighting, a full length wrist rest and an updated set of contoured FPS keycaps that work with backlighting.

2.) How do I enable the “reactive typing” feature?

First, press the LED program button 1-2 times until you are in a mode where all keys are unlit. Then hold down the control key and touch the LED program again. To exit reactive typing mode, hold the control key and press the LED program key again.

3.) How do I save my LED Key pattern?

To create your own custom LED light settings, press and hold the LED program button until the red ring starts blinking (about 5 seconds). Press the keys you’d like to change to turn the individual LED on or off and then press and hold the LED program button again to save those settings.

4.) How do I reset the keyboard lighting pattern to default?

Hold down the LED program button for 5 seconds. Pressing the brightness button will toggle between all lights on, all lights off, and programmed backlight pattern. This allows you to either start your programming with all lights on, off, or the last custom configuration for easy setup.

5.) Is it possible to save multiple profiles?

K70 allows you to save one light profile to the onboard memory. K95 allows you to save three, one for each of the M keys (M1, M2 and M3).

6.) What do numbers means on the BIOS Switch?

The BIOS switch both adjusts the polling rate and allows you to turn off advanced keyboard features for compatibility with certain motherboard BIOS and KVM switches. Settings of 1, 2, 4, and 8 are millisecond polling rates (1ms = 1000hz). Switching to BIOS reduces the polling rate and turns off other features for maximum compatibility. By default we ship at 1ms (1000Hz) and most gamers will prefer to just use the setting.

7.) Why does my scroll lock button flash when I enable BIOS mode?

The scroll lock, caps lock, and num lock will all flash to signal you have set the keyboard to BIOS mode. The notification is in case BIOS mode was selected on accident.

8.) I love the new FPS type red keycaps. Can I use them for the K60/K90/K95 and how can I order them?

The new contoured keycaps will work with both backlit and non-backlit Corsair keyboards and are compatible with K60, K70, K90 and K95. They will be available for purchase on corsair.com soon.

What is the sound like on the Cherry MX Red switches? I have the Razer Blackwidow keyboard which I think has the Blue MX switches. It's not a bad keyboard, but can be louder than I like at times. It's great for typing though.

The reds are very quiet compared to the blues IMO. The only click you'll hear with reds is the key bottoming out since there is no click in the key itself. Also they only have to be pushed about half way to actuate so with practice you can get used to not bottoming out and reducing noise more. I believe they both take the same amount of force to actuate as well. I have played around with a couple blues and it came down to the reds and blues for me. I purchased a Corsair K70 (MX Red) tonight and it is the best keyboard I have ever owned by a long shot. Granted, it is my first mechanical but I'll never go back to rubber dome again.

Well I just ordered my K95 from NewEgg. They sent out a 15% off any keyboard coupon this AM and after reading this thread and having the coupon I bit.

This will be my first mechanical keyboard as well and I cant wait to give it a try.

Well I just ordered my K95 from NewEgg. They sent out a 15% off any keyboard coupon this AM and after reading this thread and having the coupon I bit.

This will be my first mechanical keyboard as well and I cant wait to give it a try.

what was the coupon....so i can swoop on that :O

trying to order from newegg right now and I keep getting this error.

Thank you for visiting Newegg.com. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience but we are currently experiencing problems on our server. Please try again at a later time. If you have any questions, please visit our FAQs or simply contact us and our helpful staff will alleviate any concerns you may have.

EDIT:
Thanks for the coupon Dremic!
*Order Summary *

*Sales Order Number: XXXXXXXX
*Sales Order Date: 6/27/2013 7:35:18 PM
Shipping Method: Newegg 3Day

1 x (*$149.99*) Corsair Vengeance K95 CH-9000020-NA Black/Metal USB Wired Gaming
Mechanical Keyboard (NA)
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816013>
$149.99

1 x (*$-22.50*) DISCOUNT FOR PROMOTION CODE
$-22.50

Subtotal: $127.49
Tax: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $8.50
Total Amount: $135.99

Last edited:
ooo, I should really jump on this. How quickly do you think it will sell out?

This thread is 4 months old. I doubt you'll have any problems getting one now.

I ordered mine at launch through amazon and I love it.
The first one I got was wobbly so I had them send me a new one which is defect free.

The only thing I don't like about it is that the keycaps don't have the luxurious soft coating that the K90 does, so I switched them with my K90's keycaps.

Back