Corsair H110 modification

jrweis

Gawd
I bought a new H110 to install in an old extra large server case that has dual power supplies. The tubing on the H110 is about 6 inches too short. I contacted Corsair to see if their tech support would modify the cooler with longer tubes but they do not offer this service. I did get them to tell me that the heat transfer fluid is propylene glycol and distilled water, although they reminded me that any mod would void the warranty. I already bought the cooler so I really don't want to buy a whole new system. I'm pretty sure that I could make this mod and have it work but was curious if any [H] member had disassembled or modified a Corsair cooler that could give me any pointers.
Thanks in advance

Tag to follow along.

Just got a H110i myself, and hoping it's long enough to mount where I want :)

I remember one user added a reservoir to a closed loop system but can't find the thread. Can you return that cooler for a refund or exchange? The Cooler Master Eisenberg is a closed loop system designed to be expandable.

Eisenberg is an all in one (AIO), but not a CLC. CLC are sealed from factory with no provision to add coolant or expand.

I would return this one and look for one that is expandible without voiding the warranty (and being a hassle).

Back