Corsair Carbide SPEC-ALPHA Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a review of the Corsair Carbide SPEC-ALPHA posted today at Vortez for those of you interested. If you are shopping for a snazzy looking budget chassis, this review is for you.

The SPEC-ALPHA first made its appearance at CES 2016 earlier in the year and it attracted lots of attention with its funky and bold styling. SPEC-ALPHA is a mid-tower chassis and is really designed for gamers who want to make an impact – the case has a large Perspex window, a trio of cooling fans (which also include LED lighting) and plenty of space for high-end systems.

Why are almost all PC cases either a plain metal box or some kind of 80's cyberpunk fantasy gone wrong?

"If you are shopping for a SHITTY looking budget chassis, this review is for you."

- Fixed it for you ;)

If they build entire apartment buildings like this in Tokyo, I guess they might find someone there who likes this style...

I think I'm probably going to rock my Carbide 540 ("the cube") forever. It's a little snazzier than the boring metal box variety, but it doesn't look awful like this nonsense. It has a lot of room to work in as well.

What sad is that most OEM cases look fine. Machines from Dell have things like front inputs/ports without looking boring or trashy.

Every time I see this thing it makes me want to avoid buying other completely unrelated Corsair products; that's how offensive it is.

I have the Corsair C70 Military Green and I love this case. I have noticed a new trend with a lot of new cases that are definitely made for looks purposes. None of these cases have disk drive bays on them anymore. I have a 2 bay Aero Cool touch screen fan controller that I wouldn't want to separate from just for a flashy case.

I think I'm probably going to rock my Carbide 540 ("the cube") forever. It's a little snazzier than the boring metal box variety, but it doesn't look awful like this nonsense. It has a lot of room to work in as well.

^^THIS^^

Machines from Dell have things like front inputs/ports without looking boring or trashy.

All I can say to this is... p U h L e A s E :(

I would not even let my dog buy anything from dell, ESPECIALLY a desktop pc, which to me look like the epitome of boring, 80's era beige-boxen style POS regurgitations of every other standard pc case out there today.. yuk yuk and double triple YUKSUK !!!!!!!!!!!

Cubes rule, all others drool, and wish they could be so kewl. They just hate us 'cause they aint us, and fyi.........Resistance IS futile !

Back