Corsair AX860i dead after i month and can't raise Corsair!

raglafart

Limp Gawd
Am I frustrated or what!

Not only did my Asus X79 Deluxe need to be RMA'd

But my one month old Corsair AX 860i fails the self test and won't power up my pc and I have been waiting for 3 days now for a reply to my ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ahhhhh :mad:

I got the confirmation email that they'd reply within 24 hours and that's it.

I'm from Australia and even tried calling them by phone but wasn't going to wait forever just to get past the automated "all our technicians are currently unavailable :mad::mad::mad:

Is this typical of Corsairs support.

Fuming and spitting fire

I got a response back pretty fast when one of the clips that holds the front panel on my 900D was broken on arrival. They sent me an entire new aluminum front panel with clips. May just file another issue with them and see if it goes through.

I have a similar experience going on right now with my PSU RMA through Corsair and I'm only a few hours away from their office in California. They've never responded to my inquiries within the ticket (not like I was impatient and only waited a day, it was 6 business days on the longest comment by me). I've also called and sat on hold multiple times for 30+ minutes before giving up without speaking to someone. Then just today tried their Live Online help chat and got an answer within 10minutes by someone...

This is my first RMA experience with Corsair and unfortunately it's just about typical with many customer service departments that deal with computer hardware like motherboards, power supplies, etc. EVGA is the only manufacturer that seems to be above the rest and give great customer service from past experience.

It honestly took around 3 months to get my TX750 back... Maybe 2.5.

But still. Had to go through redbeard here, eventually.

Thanks for the replies.
I decided to go for the fast replacement so had to pay a hefty deposit until my failed unit gets to Honk Kong, the RMA center for Australian customers.
Talk about an expensive exercise. Cost $68 to ship it!

The only reason I bought the damn thing was I thought I'd buy one of the better units with a Platinum rating to make sure it was pretty much fail safe! :rolleyes:
It ran for just about a month!
So much for that smart move.

A couple of weeks ago, I had to wait 9 days for my 24hr response.

i would try posting in their support forums. that will usually get the attention of one of their moderators who can help you.

Whats your power quality like? I do find it strange that your psh died so rapidly... especially one like that

I don't think there's any problems with the power here, I've switched my wifes pc into the same power point which has never missed a beat, it was my old pc and it's what I've been using for all my previous pc's for the last 16 years.

I didn't get any response to my ticket so did an RMA and that was okayed in a couple of hours.
I went for the express service and had to put up a $180 bond until my dead unit is received at their Hong Kong depot. Cost $70 to ship !!!!! :mad:

On the plus side once I did the RMA within 24 hours I had a tracking number and the replacement is due for delivery tomorrow.

If I'd not followed the manual and "asked for help" and simply done the RMA straightaway I'd have been well ahead. Like a fool though I followed the instruction in the manual :rolleyes:

I'll be pretty miffed if the new unit has hassles, make's it a pretty expensive unit at $70 a go just to return it.
Won't be buying from Amazon anymore, just because of the hassles IF something goes wrong and what with this and my Asus X79 Deluxe having to be RMA'd I'll stick with paying a bit more and buying locally :(

Just want to get my Rampage iv Black up and running now and tomorrow is almost here

Have to say I was impressed with the speed that the replacement power supply arrived in.
The system is back up and running now and it was definitely a faulty unit.
Just waiting for the return on my deposit!

Back