Corsair 8500 on an ASUS Striker

Sneak

Limp Gawd
Basically a new build. Have Bios 0702

Right now everything is set to auto in the bios. No overclocking or tweaking at all.

This memory is speced at 5-5-5-15 2T if I have it right.
On post it shows up as 5-5-5-18 1T. 1T?

Voltages show up in Asus Probe as 1.87 and in the Ntune monitor as 1.84

I have 2 gigs worth of this ram.

I know I can manually change everything in the bios but am wondering if there are any thoughts on what I am getting here.

And should for starters I just set the bios with the standard specs of 5-5-5-15 2T ?

That ram is set to run at 1066fsb with 5-5-5-15 2t timings @ 2.1v. At a lower fsb you can run it at 4-4-4-12 2t with no problems. I would suggest bumping up your voltage to 2.1 or so regardless of what speed your going to run it at.

That ram is set to run at 1066fsb with 5-5-5-15 2t timings @ 2.1v. At a lower fsb you can run it at 4-4-4-12 2t with no problems. I would suggest bumping up your voltage to 2.1 or so regardless of what speed your going to run it at.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the 1T that the bios automatically set it at had me perplexed. And I will up the voltage for sure. Probably the fsb to 1066 as well. Funny though, everything has been running real stable.

I set the voltage to 2.1 in the bios. On boot up PC Probe was giving me a red alert on DDR2 Term which was at 1.7 volts. I set the bios back to auto and it went away. Any ideas there?

You are still OK.. here is a little exerpt about PC Probe: "If your system is overclocked, remember to raise the appropriate warning limits or face frequent warning pop-ups."

The above information can be found here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/ASUS-PC-Probe.shtml

My thanks ! OK so I will take the memory voltage off of auto and set it back to 2.1 v and adjust PC Probe as needed.

Had thought about going into the bios and setting everything that I got an alert on back to it's normal setting and off auto. But that could have gone on for a while and not been the right settings anyway.

Back