Core 2 Duo Build, thoughts

Gun_Strife

2[H]4U
Hey guys heres the build

1 x 150gb raptor
1 x 320gb segate barracuda 7200.10
2 x 1gb team group 667 3-4-4-8
1 x X1900 CrossFire Edition

now its either a E6400 or E6600 leaning more towards 66 asi can get it for $30 more
and either a Gigabyte DS3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128012
or MSI 975x plat http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130051
i can get the boards at a $50 dif msi being $50 more

going ds3+E6600 is about $40 less then the msi and E6600, ive always had great luck with msi but havent seen too many oc results as the new ver is just being shipped

Go for it , it all looks good , the power of the conroe is very high and providing it takes care of the gpu bottleneck the E6600 ovrclocked till 3.5ghz will be more than enough.

I am going facing a dlilema and its about wheather which board to buy cos i have a 7950 , also i want it from my loacal retailer but things are not looking good.

Want to wait for the 590sli but that can mean another month and i have my E6600 sitting infront of me. :(

the mobo is really the hardest part right now
i kinda wanna go cheap on it cause there will be alot more mobos coming out within the next months
maybe ill just get both boards and see which one i like better
and i think the nforce boards are gonna be good since its now amtid
so intel and nvidia hopefully get real friendly

Gun_Strife said:
the mobo is really the hardest part right now
i kinda wanna go cheap on it cause there will be alot more mobos coming out within the next months
maybe ill just get both boards and see which one i like better
and i think the nforce boards are gonna be good since its now amtid
so intel and nvidia hopefully get real friendly
I myself am struggling at the mo with a E6600 and no board.

I want to wait and then my conciuos tells me just get the best overclockable one , which means that that board may already be out.

I saw this asus new board which isnt out yet , its the pro and it looks like the best bet. The thing i dont like about the 975X chipset is that it really didnt stand out that differently from the 965 chipset. I am going to give it the next 10 working days before i give in and buy a board.

The Gigabyte DS5 looks quite tempting.

Back