Copying Win 10 to another USB drive

Lokite

n00b
Hi, I want to make a copy of an earlier version Windows 10 22H2. The copy one does not allow me to install the O/S. Is there special way to make an exact copy? I want to keep a backup of the Windows 10. The latest version of Windows does not play nice with my X370 chipset. I was able to locate a earlier version that I have on hand, which allow me to installed the 22H2 version of Win10.
thanks in advance

22h2 is the current version of 10...
what you you are describing is called imaging. grab a copy of aomei backupper free, made a usb boot stick and make an image of the current setup. restore it if you ever need to.
"does not play nice with x370" how so?

Last edited:
The reason the latest version of Windows don't play nice is that it will have issues with the SSD drive that is the boot drive. This issue only happen when you are installing the 32bit version. I need the 32bit version to play old games and some software that has not been updated to 64bit version. I have tried Samsung, Seagate, WD, Corsair SSD. They all cannot get past Windows BSOD at installation page. The error message is Stop Code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEd What failed: dump stornvme.sys

32 bit apps work in 64 bit Windows, but legacy 16bit applications won't work unless you're on Windows 32bit. With as powerful as modern hardware is, I don't see a need for ever running a 32 bit OS when you can just easily spin up a virtual machine to run those very few applications that won't work. Windows XP might even be a better target OS in such instances. Limiting your main OS to having 4GB of RAM (or potentially less... I think it ends up being like 3.2GB available?) on an AM4 system is pretty wild.

I remember someone else having an issue with AM4 and Windows 10 32bit (and duh it's not someone else it was OP)

Back