Cooling Question - Bolted Heatsinks

Paintaker

n00b
After much research I am confused about the following motherboards, whether or not they have bolt holes, and whether or not it matters for the Heatsink I plan on using - The thermalright SP947U.

I am considering one of the Standard three (or four) follwing MoBos:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0
Abit NF7s 2.0
DFI LANPARTY ULTRA
DFI Infinity (Which I understand is the same as the lanparty but doen not glow or come with the small IDE cables)

Anyway - officially, which of these MoBos have Bolt holes around the processor? I can't seem to get consistent info on this.

Now I am correct in thinking the 947-u requires Bolt holes? Also, will all of these MOBOs handle a large copper heatsink like the 947u ?

Any help matching the 947u with a motherboard above is appreciated.

I would love to hear from someone with the 947u or SP97 which I think is similar.

Thanks

the first two and the abit an7 can handle bolted heatsinks

the lanparty revision b can also take it

i am not sure bout the infinity and i haven't seen any revisions to it.

All A7N8X boards have the holes

Only rev 2.0 NF7 series boards have the holes.

Unknown on DFI.

dfi infinity do have holes for bolted heatsink, although one hole is close to the circuitry. i used spacer just to make sure i don't fuk up the circuitry when bolting it down.

LanParty B and Infinity DFI boards share exact same PCB design, including mount holes.

they will take all heatsinks, but there is a slight problem with the SLK/SP series of Thermaltake heatsinks.

If you contact [email protected] they will replace the back mounting plate allowing any SLK/SP heatsink to mount on a DFI motherboard without issue.

What do you mean by a slight problem with Thermalright heatsinks?

I am planning on using a Thermalright SLK947U heatsink on a DFI lanparty B.

This heatsink will not mount on the motherboard? What exactly is the problem? BTW - I have a Lian LI PC-65 case and I plan on using a Thermaltake CoolFan on top of the SLK947u.

Back