Cooling for Saphire X800GTO AGP

Pagan Wizard

2[H]4U
I recently picked up this card and am having a very hard time finding an Arctic Cooling HSF for it. Every site I look on has coolers for the R430 and R480, but my card has an R400. Any ideas??

OK, so looking at the specs on the card I bought, which core do you think I have. Newegg lists it as 400mhz. The link to my card is in my original post. Thanks.

it looks like there was an r423 core as well.

anyway though, download ati tray tools http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733

install it. and restart. when you restart, a little ati icon will be in your system tray, right click it, go to hardware/system information. right near the beginning of that it will tell you what core you have.

you don't need to keep this program if you don't want to. but it is a great program for overclocking, and also, some people don't like the catalyst control center, so you could just install the ati display driver and the wdm driver, and use ATI tray tools as your CCC, as it has all of the features and functions built in, plus lots of extra stuff, without taking up lots of resources like some people claim the CCC does.

SharpieFiend said:
I know you want Arctic Cooling, but the Zalman VF700Cu would be a good solution as well.

That does look like a decent cooler, but I want something that will pump the hot air out of the case rather than just spread it around for other fans to get rid of.

chameleoneel said:

anyway though, download ati tray tools http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733

install it. and restart. when you restart, a little ati icon will be in your system tray, right click it, go to hardware/system information. right near the beginning of that it will tell you what core you have.

you don't need to keep this program if you don't want to. but it is a great program for overclocking, and also, some people don't like the catalyst control center, so you could just install the ati display driver and the wdm driver, and use ATI tray tools as your CCC, as it has all of the features and functions built in, plus lots of extra stuff, without taking up lots of resources like some people claim the CCC does.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot over the weekend. I'll post back here to let you know what I found.

chameleoneel said:

Worked perfectly......l have an R430

Back