Coolest running 1080 for OpenCL/Cuda?

longblock454

2[H]4U
I'm not a gamer and don't really want to dick with aftermarket coolers. After some research it looks like the Asus 1080 cards with the 3-fans might be the best option for 24-7 continuous OpenCL and cuda work?

Any other manufactures offering cards with multiple fans or huge heatsinks I should consider?

That is the reason I'm staying about from the Founder Edition I'm sure it will be lighter in the slot but you will see a review on New Egg or something complaining about high temps.

Mmmm, I swore off MSI cause of their shitty MBs eons ago, never used any of their other products.

Wonder how much noise that pump/radiator/fan combo makes?

All the dang 1080s are unobtainium. With the current inflated pricing I can almost buy two 1070s for the same price, plus that would net me more cuda cores.

Yeah if the work can easily be split across multiple cards two 1070s would definitely give you more performance per dollar.

Two Asus 1070 Strix on order, thanks guys. Although I'm probably being stupid (i've got no water experience), decided to stay away from the hybrid cards due to the additional failure points, ie the water pump.

Back