Coolermaster Elite 341 side panel

KrylonArt

[H]ard|Gawd
Is the side panel behind the motherboard removable? I have not been able to remove it yet and I am wondering if I missed something besides the two thumbscrews to remove it. I don't see any of the clips being bent or anything but the side panel won't come off.

there is a screw inside towards front , need to remove that in order to remove panel

Jen

Thanks, couldn't find anything before. I will look for it when I get home.

there is a screw inside towards front , need to remove that in order to remove panel

Heh, I had to learn that twice. What are the chances that I'll forget again by the time I get around to using the third one I have on order? :p

For KrylonArt, the screw is near where the cables for the front panel comes out by the drive bays. If you still cannot find it, I can take a pic of it.

I found it thanks to Jen's help, somehow missed it when I was installing the front fan. Now I just need to replace my dremel so that I can make the cuts to route my cables.

I found it thanks to Jen's help, somehow missed it when I was installing the front fan. Now I just need to replace my dremel so that I can make the cuts to route my cables.

i routed cables alongside the motherboard tray useing the holes that are on the edge. made it very neat this way for cables

i spent over a hour trying to figure out why that case door wouldnt come off was about to use a screw driver to pry it off

Jen

I tried to brute force it, almost bent the side panel because of that.
I also had a WTF look on my face when I was installing everything and that side panel didn't come out as it should...

And I also tried to brute force it, until I found out the panel was being "held" by something (I somehow manage to know these things just by pulling on stuff...) at the front of the case, so I peeked in and there it was, an extra screw (resilient tiny bastard...).

After cursing some more (yes, I was already cursing at the sight of a probable defect) at me and the case manufacturer, I proceeded to remove the offending item and getting on with mounting the hardware.

It's a rather good idea, that way you know you haven't messed up putting the panel back (which is a big deal sometimes, there are some of them that can't get in place for the life of them...), and it IS a neat security feature, but seriously, it's kind of "undocumented"...

Thank you for reminding me of this, I'm bound to forget these things... lol

Cheers.

Miguel

Back