Cooler Master's new case for LAN party

fatjapp said:
http://www.coolermaster.com/product_common_images/1fac53ffb05a9592e2f5c744fb126876.jpg

I can see these breaking off very easily.
Host your own pics.

I would probably get stopped at the door if I tried to take that case in with me :p Still, you'd think with all the success Antec has had with its LANBoy cases weighing 6 or 7 pounds that CM would make this case light, but they're choosing SECC for strength over aluminum. The Stacker weighs less than that thing :p At least it looks like it has some good ventilation, with the potential for 4 (or 6 if the vents are tall enough) 120mm fans on the side panal. Tehn again, so does the new Stacker (I'm not getting one, too big for me).

So they put the power buttons on top. Great. Now, why exactly aren't the USB and sound ports there, instead of stupidly on the side?

I would love to have that case. Pre-mod or not, i love that thing.

what was their reasoning for putting power and reset buttons on the top?!? Most lans use fold out tables where people place their computers on the desk. This means that putting the buttons on the top just makes them inconvenient.

Not too much a fan of the look either, too busy. And they definitely should have gone with aluminum to make it light. This case is no competition to the LANboy or SuperLANboy when it comes to good full size atx cases for LAN.

Probably would look better once it gets some optical drives in it, I'm not a big fan of the squares on the drive covers

It'd be tough to beat the Aspire/Chenming case for a LAN...at least if you can find a decent mATX board. That case looks....funky. Maybe it'll grow on me, or maybe they'll make a smaller version of the Stacker. That'd RAWK!

Coolermaster is getting worse each day. I think all their new case designs have gone south. They were much better designed when they had the engineers from Silverstone. Now everything they make seems to be very gaudy looking and lost the elegant and simple look that they used to have with the ATC models.

Othersider said:
So they put the power buttons on top. Great. Now, why exactly aren't the USB and sound ports there, instead of stupidly on the side?

It makes more sense to have them on the side. This isn't the type of case that will sit on the floor. It's going to be right next to the monitor. Instead of running the cables out the front and potentially in the way, they are sticking out the side, towards the equipment that is plugged into it. Makes sense to me.

gg coolermaster

i loved the atc-110

i love the wavemaster

pretty much everything else coolermaster has done is tres tres terrible

my brother got me the ammo 533 for x-mas. I personally love it. Of course, I'm coming from a Compaq Presario case. My vid card runs 12 C cooler in the ammo. And the handle is very well attached...it definitely needs to be, as this thing weighs a ton, but I'm a big fan of the design. Great ventilation, much quieter than my old case, and it just looks...appropriate for a big LAN party.

I think the ammo is nice, considering the handle alone does help with carrying. Looks wise its decent, and some LAN parties do want cases on the floor to maximize space useage and/or for people with big keyboards/mousepads

I personally am probably going for the new praetorian 730 myself. I think its good enough for what it is...

eh this things not new, its been out for a while and damn i think its ugly compared to cooler master's other cases

Back