cooler for i5 6600k

xev11

n00b
I just realized that the cpu doesnt come with a cooler. What are some decent coolers in the $50 or less range? I dont want to spent for the TRUE or Megahalams.

I do want to OC in the future but nothing crazy, hopefully to around 4.5

I have some old unopened TIM from some years ago. Do i need to buy new or does it not "expire"

There's always the ever popular Hyper 212 Evo in the inexpensive and quite good department. It should some with some TIM as well.

There's always the ever popular Hyper 212 Evo in the inexpensive and quite good department. It should some with some TIM as well.

I second this recomendation. Great in expensive cooler. The new 212X is also very good as well from initial reviews.

Heres one from OC3D -

Same here. 212 evo on a 6600k. 4.5 no overvolt, never leaves the 40's. Haven't heard the fan kick up other than at boot. Comes with paste. Tricky mount up is only draw back

Reactions: xev11
like this
same here bought a evo yesterday for my 6600k overclocked to 4.6ghz 1.30v keeps it cool just fine

Same here. 212 evo on a 6600k. 4.5 no overvolt, never leaves the 40's. Haven't heard the fan kick up other than at boot. Comes with paste. Tricky mount up is only draw back

same here bought a evo yesterday for my 6600k overclocked to 4.6ghz 1.30v keeps it cool just fine

Just to confirm, it came with some TIM? ive settled on it since amazon only has it and not the newer X model

Back