Confused, Saphire XT vs. ATI PRO or XT

cmaker

n00b
Really confused over here, not sure on what card to buy,
Sapphire ATI RADEON 9600XT 128MB - $155
ATI RADEON 9600 XT 128MB - $165
ATI RADEON 9600 Pro 128MB - $180

Which is the better ?

ALl these cards are killer performers but to completely NIT pick them for your question.

Just remember the XT and None Pro ATI cards do not have 8 pixel pipelines like the Pro's do{certain XT and NP models excluded}. This can render less then steller performance sometimes.
XT and None Pro cards only have 4 Pixel Pipelines I believe!

And thats tha but it also comes down to your wallet! If you can afford it get a PRO card but again all this cards are great!

9600 Pro's don't have 8 pixel pipelines, 9500 Pro's do. But now 9500Pros go for the same price as a 9700 Pro.

Originally posted by cmaker
Really confused over here, not sure on what card to buy,
Sapphire ATI RADEON 9600XT 128MB - $155
ATI RADEON 9600 XT 128MB - $165
ATI RADEON 9600 Pro 128MB - $180

Which is the better ?

out of those choices go for the Sapphire 9600XT

the XT's are better then the Pro's FYI

Originally posted by Brent
out of those choices go for the Sapphire 9600XT

the XT's are better then the Pro's FYI

The 9500 Pro is a better card than the 9600 XT for it's 8 pipelines.

Saphire XT better than the ATI "legit" XT ?
Haven't been able to find the 9500 PRO, so I was looking at the XT & PRO cards

The saphire cards are basically reference ATi designs anyway, I got a Saphire 9800 Pro for xmas.

get a sapphire 9600xt 128mb retail. Top of the line one if you can. to get 2.8ns memory, opposed to 3.3ns that ati has

ATI labels their cards in the same line (9600 for example) with the standard, the pro and the XT, the 9800 has a pro and an XT model as well. XT is the highest level of the given card line.

The 9500 and 9700 are older cards but still excellent, however the 9600XT does bump out the 9500s in most tests by a small margin.

If the difference between the 9600XT from Sapphire and from ATI is $10, then of course get the cheaper one. The sapphire also has the fater RAM apparently.

Also the cards with 8 pipelines are the 9500, 9700 and 9800 lines. The 9600 has 4, which is generally less desirable but the 9600XT does a damn good job with what it's got.

So go with the Saphire Radeon 9600 XT, is it that much better than the ATI Radeon 9600 XT ?

Saphire is the company that ATi contracts to build the BBA cards...so what do you think the difference is? ZIP

I hate to bust your bubble but in Maximum PC's lastest mag shows the FX5700 ultra being a tad bit better. Not buy much though. And for the same price the XT comes with free HL2

They are very close, you can choose a mix of benchmarks to make either one look better. I would take the 9600xt, but the 5700 ultra is a strong choice as well, depening on exactly what games you plan to run in what res/settings, unlike the 5600.

The Nvidia card is a strong contender but the ATI Cards just have a better LONGEVITY prospect to them. Especially when talking about true DX9 enhancments.

Get the XT!
I just had my brother buy one.
And for fun I put it in my system to make sure it worked! hehehe

All I have to say is F"ing AWSOME piece of hardware!

I'm going to Houston this monday, I'm gonna try to pricematch it at Circuit City (Micro Center has it for $150) and hopefully they will sell it to me for $140, still unsure on which to buy ATI or Saphire :/

CMAKER don't be unsure! Saphhire is a direct from ATI reference board, so both cards are near Identical in performance and parts!

Either of them are an great pick! Just pick the one that appeals to your wallet thats really the only decision to make should it arise!

:)

Some 3rd party ATI cards are a gamble. Sapphire makes excellent ATI cards. Don't worry about it. If the option is Sapphire vs ATI, get the best price. Sapphire isn't some cheap knockoff.

What about PowerColor ? Found a 9700 Pro (PowerColor) for $200, wouldn't mind paying $50 extra for a 9700 PRO

I heard many here say that Powercolor isn't the cream of the crop so just stick with ATI or Saphhire.

That price you posted for the 9600 pro is way too high.

Back