CONFIRMED. nVidia RTX 2080 Ti 50% faster in games over the 1080 Ti!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can forget it on 4k so Ray Tracing is basically useless.

Fucking hell.

Guess we should toss 99% of the cards on the market. Fucking useless.

Even my 1080Ti isn't fast enough for me at 4k. It's why I don't run 4k. And I have that card at 2Ghz steady under water.

I'll happily sacrifice framerate at 1080p or 1440p or whatever works just to run ray-tracing. And if I need the FPS, I'll turn it off. It's an option. I like options.

Take your pessimism elsewhere. You can bitch about the pricing and that's absolutely fair. But you're getting called to the carpet for dissing bleeding edge technology that was thought to be impossible to do in real-time on the desktop just a handful of years ago, and at that time, and at this time, was and is considered the holy grail of real-time graphics rendering.

And we're doing it. Quit being a pussy.

Fucking hell.

Even my 1080Ti isn't fast enough for me at 4k. It's why I don't run 4k. And I have that card at 2Ghz steady under water.

I'll happily sacrifice framerate at 1080p or 1440p or whatever works just to run ray-tracing. And if I need the FPS, I'll turn it off. It's an option. I like options.

Take your pessimism elsewhere. You can bitch about the pricing and that's absolutely fair. But you're getting called to the carpet for dissing bleeding edge technology that was thought to be impossible to do in real-time on the desktop just a handful of years ago, and at that time, and at this time, was and is considered the holy grail of real-time graphics rendering.

I won't be running 1080p or 1440p as I have a 4k screen. Ray Tracing probably not even going to run well on next gen at 4k. So it's basically useless in its current state.
Or wait, did you expect me to express other people's opinions? Nah, I'm here to express my own opinion.

I won't be running 1080p or 1440p as I have a 4k screen. Ray Tracing probably not even going to run well on next gen at 4k. So it's basically useless in its current state.
Or wait, did you expect me to express other people's opinions? Nah, I'm here to express my own opinion.

...which makes the 2080Ti useless?

What an opinion ;)

Personal take-aways.

• Ray-Tracing is now making it's way to the PC market. NVidia is making it possible for Devs to include RT features in games.
  • Most Ray-Tracing games won't be optimized and today's RT cards aren't going to be strong enough to play these games at higher resolutions with decent framerates.
  • The analogy here is that Ray-Tracing gaming innovations are similar to when Crysis released; it's a great step forward in graphics, but even the best cards today in NVLink SLI won't be performing well.
  • This is good for gamers as the graphics side of the market will boom out into the future, making cards releasing down the line catch up to the games, rather than the cards being way ahead of the graphics.
  • Personally, I like this as it'll mean we get games that can be benched against and replayed multiple times years down the road.
  • NVidia seeing no competition, and the boom in prices that people are willing to pay for their cards are attempting to capitalize on this with their new GPU release, and are shamelessly price gouging.
  • NVidia may release another 30x series on 7nm late next year if Navi makes it to the market with anything resembling competition, further increasing NVidia's hold on the market from a performance standpoint.
Thanks.

The thing is, we don't know what the real performance is. There is so much speculation, we need to wait for reviews to come out and see.

Maybe 4K ray-tracing IS possible, we don't know. Even if not, don't forget that normal rasterized gaming IS still possible on the 20 cards, and I'm sure 4K gaming will be no problem.

Fucking hell.

BS, bleeding edge technology? don't make me laugh it's old tect:LOL: The first ray tracing algorithm used for rendering was presented by Arthur Appel in 1968 then The next important research breakthrough came from Turner Whitted in 1979 introduced ray tracing to the graphics community, Nvidia my ass they didn't have clue about it or how it worked Jensen Huang put a tons of money in to old tect so most part of Nvidia show was talked about Ray Tracing not the performance of the RTX card that everyone was hoping for, and if you read what PCGamer said battlefield V was only shot in 1080p for the show on Ray Tracing so it's useless for now there is no game now to play on or buy to make use of it and with no support, so to pre order is useless IMO, Nvidia should be forced to drop the price Jensen said in the show prices is $799 it was shown, but because NVidia took ten years in the making lazy shits and we are paying for it at 50% more? And that not fair to the gaming community also everyone knows when you have shadows turn on you lose your FPS and performance of the card so the question is do we need more shadows! and Shading is only 1.5x more performance then last gen cards the RTX 2080 TI is still only 60hz with 11GB of ram not worth the extra 50% from Greedy Nvidia.:mad:

Last edited:
Real-time in consumer-accessible hardware?

Absolutely.

That is bleeding-edge.

Really!! Ten years in making BS. Turner Whitted should have gone to AMD that would have put Nvidia in hole over RTX

Last edited:
BS, bleeding edge technology? don't make me laugh it's old tect:LOL: The first ray tracing algorithm used for rendering was presented by Arthur Appel in 1968 then The next important research breakthrough came from Turner Whitted in 1979 introduced ray tracing to the graphics community, Nvidia my ass they didn't have clue about it or how it worked Jensen Huang put a tons of money in to old tect so most part of Nvidia show was talked about Ray Tracing not the performance of the RTX card that everyone was hoping for, and if you read what PCGamer said battlefield V was only shot in 1080p for the show on Ray Tracing so it's useless for now there is no game now to play on or buy to make use of it and with no support, so to pre order is useless IMO, Nvidia should be forced to drop the price Jensen said in the show prices is $799 it was shown, but because NVidia took ten years in the making lazy shits and we are paying for it at 50% more? And that not fair to the gaming community also everyone knows when you have shadows turn on you lose your FPS and performance of the card so the question is do we need more shadows! and Shading is only 1.5x more performance then last gen cards the RTX 2080 TI is still only 60hz with 11GB of ram not worth the extra 50% from Greedy Nvidia.:mad:

Then go buy a Vega and stop whining?
Meanwhile I will add this to your "fluff":

Then go buy a Vega and stop whining?
Meanwhile I will add this to your "fluff":

Your showing me 1080p? that was shown on Nvidia show Right!!!! looks horrible graphics on my 4K UHD

It's because Nvidia is BS us over the prices on their new card with old tect.

I can’t get over how negative people are before the reviews are even out. Amazing.

I appreciate that someone is pushing for higher visual fidelity rather than higher framerates. Don't get me wrong, the price point sucks, but it is a starting point for better GPU in the future from all competitors.

I appreciate that someone is pushing for higher visual fidelity rather than higher framerates. Don't get me wrong, the price point sucks, but it is a starting point for better GPU in the future from all competitors.

I saw a video today from I think Jay2cents that said the same thing I’ve been saying.

The price point didn’t change much, they just got rid of the Titan for gaming and slid everything up. To his point this is great... for is that bought Titans because now we get custom coolers.

For all intents and purposes the 2080ti is a Titan with a 754mm^2 die (compared to Titan X Pascal that was 4xx mm^2)

You’re getting 50% more die/power for the same price....

If I had to guess their margin actually dropped with this gen.

I saw a video today from I think Jay2cents that said the same thing I’ve been saying.

The price point didn’t change much, they just got rid of the Titan for gaming and slid everything up. To his point this is great... for is that bought Titans because now we get custom coolers.

For all intents and purposes the 2080ti is a Titan with a 754mm^2 die (compared to Titan X Pascal that was 4xx mm^2)

You’re getting 50% more die/power for the same price....

If I had to guess their margin actually dropped with this gen.

I just don't agree with this 2cent guy that 20 series cards are shifted up to replace Titan. The 2080Ti is a cut down chip, just like the 1080Ti. There's still more headroom in the TU102 and my guess is that there will be a new Titan based on the TU102 (Titan XR?) released down the road.

I just don't agree with this 2cent guy that 20 series cards are shifted up to replace Titan. The 2080Ti is a cut down chip, just like the 1080Ti. There's still more headroom in the TU102 and my guess is that there will be a new Titan based on the TU102 (Titan XR?) released down the road.

Hmmm I like my mental gymnastics better.

It’s only 7% cut down though. I don’t know who the target market would be for a full chip. No one can percieve 7%. If they do release it for gaming it’ll be a flop unless they lock out the 2080ti from prosumer and the Titan XR is enabled for prosumer.

The original Titan was a cut down SKU too.
So is the Titan X

It probably would have been better from a brand standpoint and for long-term competitive advantage if they had released RTX 2080, 2080Ti and TITAN at $550, $750 and $950. Then the GTX range could have been 2050, 2060 and 2070 at $150, $250 and $350. This allows AIBs to price hike for better cooling, and if AMD or Intel come to market with something competitive like AMD did this year to Intel in the CPU market, the brand loyalty NVidia built today could have helped limit their market loss.

It probably would have been better from a brand standpoint and for long-term competitive advantage if they had released RTX 2080, 2080Ti and TITAN at $550, $750 and $950. Then the GTX range could have been 2050, 2060 and 2070 at $150, $250 and $350. This allows AIBs to price hike for better cooling, and if AMD or Intel come to market with something competitive like AMD did this year to Intel in the CPU market, the brand loyalty NVidia built today could have helped limit their market loss.

I agree it would have eliminated a ton of backlash if they kept the usual labeling/pricing. I wonder if someone is getting fired lol.

I think part of the divide is Titan owners are used to paying $1200 at launch. To us it’s all the same.

It’s really the ti users getting boned... they’d normally wait a few months, save a few hundred and get sometimes better performance.

Ugh, welcome to the getting boned club!

Last edited:
So you run all games at MAX setting at 4K?
If the answer is a "no"...don't bother replying.

If you run every game at MAX you will hit problems with some games over performances not all graphics cards are that perfect hardware not even the new RTX family or Titan for that matter. this have nothing to do with what I said about the video.

It should be easy for Intel and AMD to leapfrog them then.

I remember when Intel sat on their ass for far too long then Ryzen was born then it change everything I just hope this happens to Nvidia.

NEWS FLASH - new video card that costs twice as much as current model may be faster!

This could apply to every generation video card release ever.

The original Titan was a cut down SKU too.
So is the Titan X
If the 2080Ti has taken on the role of the Titan (cut down version), then that would leave the next cut down xx102 (vacated xx80Ti) chip position unfilled. The 2080 is an altogether different chip (TU104), so it doesn't line up with a 'shift' relative to 10 series gen chip designations. Perfomance-wise, it could line up. We just won't know until we know.:nailbiting:

Read the fucking post again.
I said Ray Tracing is useless at 1440p and 4k.
And it is fucking useless. Don't twist my words to appear smarter.

It's useless with this generation, I'll agree with you there. Full stop.

You have my apology.

Guys guys... can't we all just get along? Maybe we can all agree on something.. like how horrible The Last Jedi was. :)

I can’t get over how negative people are before the reviews are even out. Amazing.
Price has a ton to do with the hate.

And Nvidia knows this. They will release it, milk all of the tech tards by filling their pre orders, and then lower the price for the informed consumers like myself who will see actual performance numbers before buying anything.

This time around amd has nothing to show. So the gouging is even worse.

I remember when Intel sat on their ass for far too long then Ryzen was born then it change everything I just hope this happens to Nvidia.

are you comparing nvidia with intel? lmao

damn, that is by far the dumbest thing I have read in some time. How did you even manage to pull it off because nvidia has been the only one moving forward.

Read the fucking post again.
I said Ray Tracing is useless at 1440p and 4k.
And it is fucking useless. Don't twist my words to appear smarter.

We have no idea. The 2070 can only do 6 gigarays and 2080ti 10 gigarays. There’s a high likelyhood 1440p will be fine... or we’ll have settings to adjust the level of it.

Did nvidia tweaked the driver to run the games slower on older cars to help these numbers?

If you run every game at MAX you will hit problems with some games over performances not all graphics cards are that perfect hardware not even the new RTX family or Titan for that matter. this have nothing to do with what I said about the video.

Excuses now...I thought you were all about the "graphical quality"...and how it looks.
Double standard much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back