Confession: I like to steal things

horse

Gawd
...off Ebay:D

Managed to land an LG 34GN850B with best offer of $335 and free shipping for a total of $355 out the door. pretty Crazy considering these are still going for $600 right now on Amazon, and was shocked to learn these were around $1000 at launch a few years back. It's open box, but it does say the original box is included. Hoping everything'll be all good with it.

I've been wanting to try out an Ultrawide for some time now. Both HUB and Rtings give it great reviews. Maybe among the best non-oled/HDR ultrawides out there still? Hub's benchmark numbers are pretty impressive.

Was going back and forth between this and the Dell S3422DWG (kinda like the poorman's Alienware AW3423DW/F :p) and a few others. But I think I made the right choice with this. I'm not sure I can go back to VA panels after running an oled for a little over a year and a half. I think they'd just look sloppy. I'd rather go with the precision and speed of this here and I'm not worried about the lack of HDR. I got an Aorus FO48U to cover that.

If I find I like the UW format, maybe sometime in the future I'll go all out and grab a top tier model. Still unsure about it tbh. My computer desk in the living room that I built years ago has the perfect opening for a 34" ultrawide, so like I say just wanted to try it out more than anything. Pretty Excite ackshewally!

Original listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334835425405?_trksid=p2349526.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd be really worried about buying a $600 anything off fleecebay for $335......that's REALLY low for a supposedly *NEW* 34" LG UW, even open box...

Hopefully you won't be receiving a flat piece of wood or something else similar in size/weight to the monitor, but after that, the first thing you should do is check the serial number with the mfgr to see if it has been reported as stolen, then poke around the police dept where the seller is from, for reports of scams, break-ins and/or stolen/shoplifted merch from area retailers....

Good luck !

If it is too good to be true.....
Comes to mind, hopefully you paid with PayPal or something you can fight back with easily incase it is too good to be true, but, also sometimes you can score a deal...

We're talking about an Ebay store here with 55,000+ feedback at 99% positive. A store that specializes digital video and camera equipment and computer hardware, that has been operating since 1985 and on Ebay since 2000. I'm sorry but this 'really good advice' is just plain dumb. I don't know why I even bothered, just felt like sharing an insane deal.
If you think these people are scammers, you're an idiot. block of wood lmfao, gtfoh!
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ss...adorama&_oac=1&_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l161211

horse Your original post did not include the name of the seller or a link to the eBay item. That is why you received those replies. If you had included the item link originally, we would have seen the seller was Adorama and congratulated you on what might be a great deal instead of words of caution. Including important information like who the seller was is important for people to be able to make an informed decision on how to react to a post such as this. I thought you were getting scammed too, after reading your original post yesterday before you added the eBay link.

I did include the original listing in the original post, the edit was to make a slight adjustment to the structure and I removed a sentence. so yeah, no...

I did include the original listing in the original post, the edit was to make a slight adjustment to the structure and I removed a sentence. so yeah, no...
OK, I guess I never clicked on it to see who the seller was. I apologize for making a false statement in my previous reply.

We're talking about an Ebay store here with 55,000+ feedback at 99% positive. A store that specializes digital video and camera equipment and computer hardware, that has been operating since 1985 and on Ebay since 2000. I'm sorry but this 'really good advice' is just plain dumb. I don't know why I even bothered, just felt like sharing an insane deal.
If you think these people are scammers, you're an idiot. block of wood lmfao, gtfoh!
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ss...adorama&_oac=1&_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l161211

This monitor is made in China. Usual markups on retail products are much higher than you seem to believe.

Some Ebay purchases seem a bit like a roll of the dice to me, but I've gotten a lot of great stuff from there over the years. (Favorite being this NOS LG CX, when all other opportunities to get one had dried up. Another recent one, the diecast TOMY Enterprise after I'd been completely unaware of their Kickstarter like campaign and build while it was ongoing...)

Reactions: horse
like this
Yea, if I had known who the seller was, I would have also been less likely to imply that you MAY have been scammed. And FYI, I have bought several things from Adorama over the years (although not from their ebay store) and have never had any issues at all....

My apologies for the misunderstanding :D

Reactions: horse
like this
These are the only kinds of people I buy anything from on eBay. I've never had an issue.

These are the only kinds of people I buy anything from on eBay. I've never had an issue.
I've bought hundreds and hundred and hundreds of items on Ebay since 2007. I've been legitimately scammed one time as far as I can recall. I bought a video card about ten years ago that turned out to have a burnt pcb. I made a post about it here in the video cards section. You will ALWAYS get your money back no matter what. Ebay will always side with the buyer should a dispute arise. Hell, I've even bought stuff from people with zero feedback, and low feedback in general. It doesn't worry me in the slightest. Though common sense goes a long way. If something seems stupid, it probably is.

also...dogbone, it's all good. :)

Back