Conceivable overclock?

Zeke

Gawd
If I was using the Exos Water COoling system, could I bring the FSP on my P4 3.0C up to 1100 if I was using Mushkin LVL2 pc-3500 and an Abit IC7-Max3 with a 5:4 (ram at 80%) divider with tight timings?

nope. That would be 4.1something ghz, assuming you have a multiplier of 15. Not happening without a prometia.

damn , or a vapochill huh, well how high do you think I could get the FSB?

Most P4 owners seem to shoot for 250(1000 quad pumped), but since that would be 15x250 = 3750 you might have a tuff time.

Bottom line: Give it a shot, you might have a good chip.

Someone I know has his 3.0 at 3.6 on Air. He backed it to down to 3.5 for good measure. So I think you may get about 3.6 on water if you get a good chip.

Not sure what the FSB on that would be.

Hell, it's almost better to go with a 2.4C using Water. Just think if you could get 3.5 from THAT. You'd have: 300 x 12 = 3.6 / 1200fsb. 80% of 300 = (x2) = 480 Ram frequency.

so how high of an overclock do you think I could get on a Vapochill?

Considering the exos is a crappy watercooler, not alot better than good air cooling, your chances are almost nil. You would at least need a good water setup, but a pelt would most likely be the least neccessary, and a prommy would be best.

my question is.. how high of an overclock could i get with a Vapochill?

Originally posted by Zeke
my question is.. how high of an overclock could i get with a Vapochill?

Really. No one can say. It depends on the chip. In the OC database at Overclockers.com the highest 3.0C vapochill cooled is 3830mhz, but there is right after that another 3830mhz cooled by retail hsf. The Average overclocked speed is 3601 Mhz .

damn, that sucks, I guess I won't be overclocking afterall, but I'm still gonna get that nice new RAM, oh, if I put the PC-3500 in my comp it will automatically downclock itself to PC-3200 right?

camay123:
"The Average overclocked speed is 3601 Mhz ."

i think so too. I am running at 3.61GHz on a 628MHz FSB (533MHz stock) with a vCore of 1.7volts it's gonna stay at 1.7v for safety and assurance.

this is a 800 MHz FSB on mine.... I was thinking it'd be possible to get it up to 1,000

Originally posted by Zeke
If I was using the Exos Water COoling system, could I bring the FSP on my P4 3.0C up to 1100 if I was using Mushkin LVL2 pc-3500 and an Abit IC7-Max3 with a 5:4 (ram at 80%) divider with tight timings?

Doesnt matter what cooling you have unless you have an extremely good chip to start out with. Mine will do 4ghz on air, so im more lucky than skilled.

I've tested more "dog" chips than wonder chips. Find your chip first.

Back