Computer won't turn on

rage4order

Gawd
I'd been having trouble with my computer running slow the last week or so and I began troubleshooting by unplugging recently installed hardware, mainly a new DVD drive. Anyway, I guess I hard booted once too many times because now it won't even get past the POST. It freezes on the memory test. Just before this happened, I had been trying to boot into Safe mode, but for some reason was unable to. The last thing I've tried was removing my memory one at a time, but that didn't seem to do anything either. Anyone have any suggestions?

- Try a different set of RAM
- Try another motherboard
- Try all your parts in another PC

You could also try a different power supply.

I would also reset the CMOS as well.

You could also try a different power supply.

I would also reset the CMOS as well.
That was the next thing I was gonna try, but guess what- I decided what the hell and I started disconnecting hard drives(I have 3 of them) and after dc'ing the first one, my computer booted right up! I have yet to mess with it any more since I was just happy as hell to get it to boot but when I get more time I'll be looking into the problem a little more.
Thanks for the suggestions, and I'll probably be asking for help again soon since my daughter is having problems with her computer now! :rolleyes: It turns on and sometimes will run for a few minutes and then just shut down and sometimes it'll just get to the log on screen and shut down. I just haven't had time to look at it yet.

Back