Computer won't boot...

jskagg

Weaksauce
Ok to start I am not that good with computers. I recently got a Samsung SP2504C hard drive and attempted to install it as a 2nd hard drive with my main C: being a WD36gb raptor. It would show up fine during the POST but would not show up under my computer or disk management. I tried numerous things and searched for answers and now I managed to mess up my computer more. I selected Raid0 stripping for 2 drives in the Silicon Image Raid utility and from that point on my computer has not booted up completely. I have unattached the 2nd hard drive and I am trying to get the C: drive to work again. This computer was built for me so it did come with a hard disk restore dvd and a emergency boot cd however both have not been of aid.

When the IDE scan takes place it states Drive 0, 1, 2, 3 are not detected and then after Verifying DMI Pool Data it ends with Disk Boot Failure, Insert System disk and press enter. When I insert the hard disk restore dvd it looks to be doing fine but it "Cannot determine the destination drives geometry" so nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

(System has worked flawlessly for 2 years up until the maxtor diamond 9 160gb drive started acting up so I bought the samsung to replace it. I don't want RAID 0, I want 2 separate drives and that was a miscue on my part. I am just looking to get the sytem back up and running.)

System specs:
AMD Opteron 142
Gigabyte K8NNXP-940
1 gb memory
Zalmon 400 watt PSU
Radeon x800 pro
WD 36gb raptor
samsung sp2504c 250gb
Windows XP

you need to format it first.

WD has a data lifeguard utility or something to that effect on their website that'll let you do just that. Just format it and you'll be good to go.

Back