Computer to component connections?

kronchev

[H]F Junkie
Ive looked on the internet but the only thing I see is expensive boxes. HOWEVER someone on a forum said that you can get a cable for ATi cards that goes DVI to component. Does anyone have any more info on this? Svideo makes me cry. Thanks!

ALL-IN-WONDER R8500, R9500, R9600, R9700, R9800 DVI HDTV Adapter
http://shop.ati.com/searchresults.asp?dept_id=21

2537967.gif

Price: $29.00

is there any reason the DVI one would have noticibly higher quality than the vga to component adapter?

I wonder why they call it a HDTV Adap., shouldn't it work on anything w/ component input?

djskankho said:
is there any reason the DVI one would have noticibly higher quality than the vga to component adapter?

the DVI requires much less adaptation. to get VGA you need a $100+ adapter box that you have to plug in and power, etc while with DVI (and a card that supports DVI-I or DVI-A, the radeon 9500+'s do) you need a $30 adapter

kronchev said:
the DVI requires much less adaptation. to get VGA you need a $100+ adapter box that you have to plug in and power, etc while with DVI (and a card that supports DVI-I or DVI-A, the radeon 9500+'s do) you need a $30 adapter
or not

redhate said:
I wonder why they call it a HDTV Adap., shouldn't it work on anything w/ component input?

yes and NO

it will work with any tv witn component input as long as you are passing a 480 interlaced signal. Try to pass a 480p or anything higher and it will NOT work

On HDTV. Components allow for both 480i and all standard HDTV progressive signals.

Back