Computer thinks its leet but it sucks!

isocrazy

Limp Gawd
Hi yeah ive been having this problem with my new computer. Whenever i run it for mroe than 2 days i will have winamp irc aim and msn running and i cant open more than 2-3 IE windows but when i goto close winamp i can open a couple more then after those 2-3 extra windows i cant open anythng else unless i close the windows.. usually off a reboot ican run almost anything i want but i dont see why over 2 days it decides to mess up like this.. i have even tried to reformat and its still doing it.. done adware junk same problem

Perhaps if you re-phrased your question and mixed in some English in there, we could begin to help out.

If you want a good answer provide some good information.

What OS. And how much memory are you running?

Right click on task bar. Go to task manager. Look at the programs that are taking up the most memory. Where is your memory leak. Because that is what you have.

Also pick up spybot search & destroy. Very nice app.

Check your virtual memory isnt set too low, or turned off. Also make sure that the ram usage is set to programs and not disk cache

hope these help

Quit the P2P program, just spyware removal program, or time for a reformat.

Open task manager and go to performance. What are the values under commit charge for total, limit, and peak?

You many not have a large enough page file, but something sounds leaky...

edit:
Originally posted by djnes
Perhaps if you re-phrased your question and mixed in some English in there, we could begin to help out.
Sigged.

Acutally it wont, I have run xp on a 300 with 128, and as slow as it is, it doesn't generate errors because it's slow.

edit: besides, it's the PC in his sig, P4-2.4 with 512.

Back