computer blue screens w/ Far and nothing else

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
I've got a 7900gtx running 84.21 official driver off of website and Far Cry is the only game that blue screens. I'll either game a beginning to dump physical memory blue screen or a nv4_disp.dll blue screen. It seems that I can play single player ok, I got a couple blue screens. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it but I had a couple programs running in the background and one time I didn't have antivirus turned off. Everytime I try to play multiplayer and bring up the list of servers and within a few seconds it freezes and does the blue screen thing. I've tried reinstalling chipset drivers, emptying temp folder, defragging, running antivirus, antispyware, and even disk check on each c and d drives. I've tried reinstalling the game and repatching. I've also tried running memtest, but only 1 pass through. I have my cpu overclocked as well as my vid card, but I've tried stock and it didn't help. I don't get artifacts in games so I don't think it's my video card overclock. I have my card at 690/880. I'm not that upset that I can't really play this game cause I don't really play that much. I play mainly battlefield 2, FEAR, CSS. I was having problems with battlefield 2 getting BSOD's but I think i have fixed it after deleting the contents of the battlefield 2 folder in My Documents and letting the game recreate the files. I'm not really sure what happened but i can finally get into servers with the blue screen and be able to play for hours on end with that game.

Let me ask the obvious first. You have patched the game - correct? Far Cry is buggy as hell right after a fresh install until you patch it.

Edit: I re-read your post and see where you say you repatched it. What version did you patch it to?

yes, I have it patched. It seems that I can play single player ok. I think I got one bsod during when i think I had background stuff running. Other than that when I try to play multiplayer and bring up the list of servers, thats were the blue screen occurs. I don't think its my cpu or video card overclock. I have my opteron 170 @ 2.65ghz at 1.55v dual Prime95 tested for over 13 hours when I stopped it. I have my 7900gtx overclocked to 690/880 and I don't get any artifacts in any game. Far Cry blue screens when I'm not even in the actual game during the time i stated above so thats why i don't think its my video card. I'm not sure whats going on.

Well, no one is really posting anything, I figure they aren't seeing it if its in a certain category

Well maybe you should read the replies and try what they suggested here let me revive an old thread for ya.

Back