Compiling Okle on Debian

Shadow2531

[H]ard|Gawd
I,m trying to configure okle 0.4 on Debian 3.0r2 for compilation.

http://okle.sourceforge.net/

I'm trying to take care of all the depencies needed to compile.

Right now ./configure can't find the kde headers because they are not installed. (I think)

I think apt-get install kde-devel will do the trick, but I don't want to do that because it says it will remove libqt3-dev, libqt3-mt-dev, qt3tools and libpng-dev and I need those. (at least I think. I know I need the qt library, but not sure about the qt3)

What exactly do I need to install to get the kde headers without removing any of the libraries I have now?

After I get past this there might be more dependencies so I may ask about them aslo.

If that's not enough info, I can be more specific.

Thanks

btw: the qt library that I have installed is qt-x11-free-3.3.0b1

The location of the qt directory is located at /usr/local/qt as per install instructions.

I just don't want to lose that because it took awhile to compile. I copied the director to another location just in case it gets deleted.

update, I went ahead and installed the kde-devel package. it removed the qt3 libraries that okle needed, so I am going to reinstall them and see if I can get further in the ./confuguration process.

update again:
I'm back where I started.

The exact error I get is this.

checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix you've chosen, are no kde headers installed.

Pertaining to the qt libraries, I have the following installed.

libqt-dev
libqt-mt-dev
libqt3-dev
libqt3-mt-dev
the qt library from http://www.trolltech.com/ (successfully compiled and installed)

Those last 3 are the ones needed for okle. I'm just stuck at the kde library part.

oh crap! okle needs kde 3.x or higher. I am running 2.2.2.

I guess I'll have to figure out how to update kde first.

You probably want to move this to the OS forum...

With that said, I though Debian had packages for everything...

Thanks.

I was originally going to post this in the os forum, but then reconsidered because this has to do with programming.

And yes, I have all the pakage CDs.

Okle is not on them, but xine and xin-gui are, but they won't play encypted dvds.

I found ogle and ogle-gui on the package CDs and installed them. (I couldn't find them before).

Ogle-gui wouldn't work right until I manually renamed some files that it couldn't find and put them in the right location.

Then compiled and isntalled the plugin to play encrypted dvds, but ogle couldn't find a few more files, so I had to manually search for it, and rename it to get it to work.

I can now play dvd movies, but I don't get any sound with ogle/ogle gui.

It's really a pain trying to get a dvd player program to work.

I can't successfully compile half of the dvd programs because it can't find the libraries when I indeed do have them. Plus the packaged binaries install ok, but don't work right away. I have to go hunting down files all over my drive because programs can't find them.

At least I know why I can't compile Okle though.

On a sidenote I successfully compiled gaim. I had to download a billion libraries to do it, but it works.

Anwyays, I got ogle working besides the audio so I'm getting closer.

If you have a link to an okle binary, that would help big time so I can at least see if it will work since I can't compile it. I'm working on downloading the newer kde version but that will take awhile.

dependencies, dependencies, dependencies :eek:

(windows has made me ignorant lol)

Thanks

Back