CompGeeks Cases $30 w/power supply

garry26

Gawd
http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=CAS

Scroll down when you hit the link to the $29.99 cases. They have beautiful windowed cases in nice colors with 450w PSUs for $30. They also have a Silver colored one for $24.95 with a 450w PSU, and a couple of $19 cases with 300w PSUs.

All the cases are pretty cool

I've got two of their cases over the last couple years...both very nice for the money. One of the fans in the PS failed after about a year, causing it to overheat and shut off. Replaced the fan and it still works fine... :D

I got one of their cases a year ago when I was thinking of building a PC. The case is still there and I havent built jack. Especially now that there are a few Presarios going around in the $500ish area after rebate which would be about the same $$ Id spent building one.

My case was $40 tho and its not nearly as cool looking as those $30 ones. Mine is silver with a square window. Those look much cooler. Mine is a 350 PSU. Thats 400PSU and 350PSU. Man Im jealous

Nice find!! Ordered SIL-CP702-2 -- 10-Bay Matrix ATX Window Case w/450-Watt PS (Silver) :D 41.99 shipped, not bad! :)

Very nice, thanks for the info. Just ordered the silver one. With a blank case in the corner, maybe my wife will let me buy some components for it :D

thanks for the find
I just bought the 31 dollar one:
0212-4HL-2-SIL--10-Bay ATX Silver Window Case w/450W PS and Case Lights

14lbs isnt bad. I guess an aluminum case goes for around 12lbs or so no?

Sweet Find I am in need of a new case. Thanks now I can't wait to get paid. hAhA.

Also does anyone know how long does UPS ground take?

YoUnAn said:
Also does anyone know how long does UPS ground take?
It depends on where you live in relation to where its shipping from, if you're in the same state it could be as fast as one day, across country usually takes 5-7 days.

That is a slick looking case, too bad it has a window, im not a big fan of windows.

dang it, I just ordered one of those matrix cases from newegg. w/ shipping it cost me $53.50. Oh well, $11.50 isn't that much.

If you find something else that you are adding to your order, because it doesn't work on the "GeekSpecials", you can use (until March 9th) the coupon code DEALSONTHEWEB . Just put it in the "redeem coupon" at checkout.

"One of the fans in the PS failed after about a year, causing it to overheat and shut off. Replaced the fan and it still works fine... "

heh same with me.... almost 1 year exactly... well last xmas put the computer together for someone... just before this current one they called me up saying their computer wouldn't turn on.... switched out the ps's fan and all was good again.

That's a really good deal. Im glad I didn't buy a case on sale at CompUSA just last week. These are much better looking cases and still cheaper with shipping!

You guys figure these cases are pretty quiet? :p

Got mine in yesterday. These Powmax Matrix cases are seriously cheap, crappy cases. The steel is paper-thin and there are many sharp edges. I'd say don't buy. Other cases for the same price are more worth the money.

Ordered 1 10-Bay Matrix ATX Window Case w/450-Watt PS (Black)

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at getting a new case so I can get mine off the floor and back on the desk.

Mongoose

Mr. Tinker said:
Got mine in yesterday. These Powmax Matrix cases are seriously cheap, crappy cases. The steel is paper-thin and there are many sharp edges. I'd say don't buy. Other cases for the same price are more worth the money.

Does a case really need to be more than paper thin? ;) What other cases are there for the same price?

a great place to look for cases is pricewatch...you can pick up a good case for about $30...lots of variety.

try amamax.com they have a good selection. make sure you go to resellerratings.com before buying, pricewatch has some scammer listings.

Mr. Tinker said:

got mine today, there are fine, esp for the price. going to my nephew and my daughter, both who don't give a damn about how thick the case is :rolleyes:

Got it all assembled. They give you a power cord and screws... but JUST enough screws to do the job. It does have room for two 80mm fans in the front, side by side, which is a nice feature. There is also an expansion card screw shield on the back. Red/Blue LED fans in both the side of the case, and the PSU. Getting my CDRW into the bottom 5 1/4 bay was a very tight fit, that took some coaxing. As it is, the CD doesn't line up in the middle, so there's a 1/16th gap to the side. It's jammed in there so tight that screws are unnecessary; honestly. Having 7 3.5" slots is also very nice. The front connectors use single-strand wire connectors which I wasn't expecting (my other cases had them in a block)

Overall, not a bad case.

And because everyone loves pics. (100K total, not big ones)

matrix-case1.jpg

matrix-case2.jpg

matrix-case3.jpg

matrix-case4.jpg

Case looks nice for a budget box, wouldnt mind seeing a front shot and how the front opens up. That motherboard looks familar - is that an ECS K7S5A in there? :D (I have installed many!)

And how good is Computer Geek's service compared to NewEgg's (especally on order processing time, shipping and RMA returns)? Never ordered from them before.

BillyG said:
Case looks nice for a budget box, wouldnt mind seeing a front shot and how the front opens up. That motherboard looks familar - is that an ECS K7S5A in there? :D (I have installed many!)

And how good is Computer Geek's service compared to NewEgg's (especally on order processing time, shipping and RMA returns)? Never ordered from them before.

i got the computer geeks email today about it being shipped and I received the case today as well. wierd.

BillyG said:
That motherboard looks familar - is that an ECS K7S5A in there? :D (I have installed many!).

Or, you read my signature :D

Compgeeks service is pretty good. I've ordered from them in the past, and everything has gone perfect.

matrix-case5.jpg

matrix-case6.jpg

/Yes, my floppy cable is on backwards :)
//No, I don't use the fans on the hard drive cooler while the case is closed :)

Back