Comparison of video player software

I use a modded version of MPC-HC with 3rd party plugins and border window only.

my bro, I just tried it and did not like it at all!

Yeah at stock it's pretty horrible looking. You have to tune it. You can remove all the crap around the window except the border for starters. Then then tuning options under the hood are endless. You can add shaders and scaling plugins that are better than most players for great visual quality and performance. I use them to scale my 1080p stuff to watch on my 1440p screen and it looks fantastic, where as regular player scaling is very bland.

I haven't played with VLC in years, back then it was nothing special, though I did fire it up on another rig a couple months ago when I was fooling around with some things, they have definitely improved it quite a bit in many areas, your recommendation is good.

Ever since I installed Linux Mint on my HTPC, VLC is on everything I own. I haven't done much fooling, but what I like is it just works, with everything.

I use a program called Zoom Player, been using it for a loooooong time.
I'll use VLC for files that don't play right in Zoom Player,
pandorum-event-thing-screen2.jpg

MPC-HC if tuned right will be good. i used to use VLC but switched to MPC-HC and it was better after I changed some things. The Kawaii Codec Pack includes it and tunes quite a bit, so it was a good starting point after i found it. but before that i stuck with VLC

I use MPC-HC with madVR but keep VLC around for weird shit. I was trying to get a camcorder video (.mp2) to play last night and nothing worked (including the playback software by Sanyo) except for VLC.

Back