Compaq R3000 DvD+R Compatabilty?

Minus000

Limp Gawd
Hello. I am new to the world of Laptop ownership. I picked up a Compaq R3000 for a great price and it has a Toshiba DvD+R/RW Drive. I bought a cheap 100 pack of e3Works DvD+R Media today from futureshop. I am trying to record a data DvD using A-head nero. I go through and select a few seminar videos I would like to burn and then select not to multisession and to verify the disc afterwords: It then go's to the burning screen but gives me this error message:

error.jpg

I used Neros drive info tool to generate a report and I have posted a screen capture of the drive information below.

info.jpg

You can find the report here : http://members.shaw.ca/Minus/InfoTool.txt

I am confused about what the problem is, I assume because the media reads and is recognized that that problem isn't just disc compatability? Does anyone any experience using e3Works media? I did a quick search on the next before buying it and it seemed to get decent reviews? Any idaes? any other free software I could try? Thansk for the help.

Much googling led to a newer Firmware version avalible.

If you have similar problems and found this post. Update your firmware using 1A99 revision in place of the stock 1A11.

It could be the cheap media. When I first ventured in the world of DVD burning I bought a couple cheap DVD+R media from CompUSA. I will never do that again. The media would record fine, but it was flaky in players and even DVD-Roms. I made a movie that would play fin on my home player then, My mom wanted a copy so I went to copy the disc and got errors all the time. On my good media (TDK, Memorex, and Sony) I have not had any problems with recording or recopying.

Just like CD Burning a few years ago cheap media is that cheap and you get what you paid for.

Back