Compacting my H20 system

FrozenOver2

Limp Gawd
Alright college is coming up and I thought about this b4 hand however now i really want to make my case just the case and try and ditch my beatiful plexi enclosure. However the problem is I dont know where i could fit everything. Its a pc-60's series.
Theres pics of it here s_mac.home.comcast.net

PC-601...the smaller version of the 60

P1010126.JPG

P1010129.JPG

window1.jpg

yes its mine :p if you have any questions just ask

its a bonneville heatercore, its just smaller than the width of the drive bays. I had the single fan heatercore sold at dangerden which is WIDER than the bays, I crammed it in. It was tight enough that I could shake the case and it wouldnt move AT ALL but it was also very hard to get in/out and it scraped the inside of the bays (which you cant see anyway) to hell.

Temps, well web surfing I am about 3C above ambient, at prime95 load I get 10-11C above ambient. Its probabily my block which is at fault as the fans are at 7v, the temps dont change if I put them to full 12.

Any heatercore with fans on only one side will fit on top. A DTek JR-120 is as wide as you want to go though, so tight i could barely run cables between it and the sidewalls.

If you cut out the bottom HDD cage, you can fit an eheim 1250 no problem, however it will mess with your ability to plug things into your motherboard.

If you must ahve a resevoir, mount a tube style one inside or outside on the rear panel of the case. Space will be a bit tight in the drive bay area, so keep in mind if you want a drive-res...a floppy res might be the better choice here....but that will leave you to mounting hard drives in the 5-1/4 bays...so again it's all in choices.

Basically you have minimal space, so measure everything especially well. Metric is key when working with spaces that tight. Less approximations that way.

if you want to do the side mount rad...be careful...very easy to kink tubing or use too much tubing in a setup like that.

Just get the parts you want (i seriously reccomend the JR-120 heatercore or bloack ice pro due to how little space they take alone...making your first tight install that much easier. Then measure measure measure...make sure to factor in everything...even cables...leave no item unaccounted for.

After measureing and coming up with ideas for a while, you'll find one that you'll like.

I was either thinking to go the 80mm route or to go the 120mm turn it on its side and strap 2 120mm fans from my old watercooling external case onto the heatercore then place it right where the 5 harddrive rack used to be :D

Back