Community Boxen Build

schenks

[H]ard|Gawd
So I got in a 9600 GSO for the community boxen the other day, and got it all together running the other night, so here's some pictures and stats of the build.

Computer
  • Athlon 64 X2 4800+
  • Mobo - ASUS A8NE
  • RAM - 2GB Corsair Value Select
  • Video Pre-Build - ATI x800XL
  • Video Post-Build - EVGA GeForce 9600GSO

This computer has been my acting fileserver for about the last year since I got my quad, so it had an essentially unused PCI-E slot. Given the opportunity to run a card for the [H]orde, I jumped at it. Here's a few shaky hand pics of the quick renovation.

The card

P1000782.JPG

P1000783.JPG

Case Pre-renovation
P1000787.JPG

Case Post-renovation
P1000788.JPG

Computer back in its messy home
P1000789.JPG

This rig will be folding under the name [H]Boxen2, so if you feel any heat from there, it's just me. ;)

lol and i thought my fileserver looked unorganized :p but im actually doing the same thing with my fileserver.. running the gpu client on a 4870 in my fileserver..

i actually think i have that case sitting some where in my garage.. mmm... brings back ol' memories :p

lol and i thought my fileserver looked unorganized :p but im actually doing the same thing with my fileserver.. running the gpu client on a 4870 in my fileserver..

i actually think i have that case sitting some where in my garage.. mmm... brings back ol' memories :p

Heck, this is better than normal.....up til a few weeks ago I had 5 hard drives in there without cable management, so it's gone from basically a cluster f**k to just a minor disaster

i also have a 9600 GSO For the Community Boxen program folding away for about a few weeks here tight squeeze to say the least :p will get some pics up later today.

Back