Coloring & Fixing this image....

Zalbag

Limp Gawd
Hey again so I have this image this image (courtesy of: Wikipedia) that I have started to modify. I have two questions:

1) Is there a simple way to get rid of all those county lines in the states and fill the state with a color? Right now I am using a combination of the pain bucket and the paint brush and going through and "paint bucketing" the counties and then going through with the paint brush and painting over the lines.

2) How can I make all the black lines "anti-aliased" so they are more defined and not so "jagged"?

EDIT: I am using Macromedia Fireworks 8 (I have a Mac), if I should use a different app (something that's better at doing all this work), please let me know :)

Thanks,

Zalbag

I would try to get this image in a vector format (eps or ai file) and work on it with Illustrator. I've seen similar maps on places like istockphoto.com as vector based images but not sure if I have seen any of the enitre US showing county lines for every state. I know many states you can find vector state map images with county lines by searching around each states GIS mapping and other state govt sites but thats on a state by state basis. As a vector image anything can be modified and tweaked individually and resized to unlimited sizes with no loss of quality. No sure if fireworks can do that or not, I do know Illustrator and Corel Draw are pure vector image editors though.

MixManSC said:
I would try to get this image in a vector format (eps or ai file) and work on it with Illustrator. I've seen similar maps on places like istockphoto.com as vector based images but not sure if I have seen any of the enitre US showing county lines for every state. I know many states you can find vector state map images with county lines by searching around each states GIS mapping and other state govt sites but thats on a state by state basis. As a vector image anything can be modified and tweaked individually and resized to unlimited sizes with no loss of quality. No sure if fireworks can do that or not, I do know Illustrator and Corel Draw are pure vector image editors though.

I am trying to get rid of the county lines. Is there a program out there that will convert an image to a vector??

Back