Collection of SaGa - Final Fantasy Legend

Armenius

Extremely [H]
The collection of the first three games in the SaGa series that came out for the Switch in December is coming to PC via Steam on October 21. These three games were originally released on Nintendo Gameboy. Unfortunately this does not include the 3D remakes made for the Nintendo DS and never released outside Japan.

https://twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/1431224983750000644

1630069071395.png

https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/games/collection-saga-final-fantasy-legend

Having played the Switch version, the one thing that's always bothered me is game boy games feel different. I like NES games, I like SNES games, but I never could get into the Game Boy. Even the Zelda remake on the Switch, which was a remake of the Game Boy game, felt like it, and I just didn't like it as much as the classic console games. I'm not sure why there is a game boy feel to me.

Having played the Switch version, the one thing that's always bothered me is game boy games feel different. I like NES games, I like SNES games, but I never could get into the Game Boy. Even the Zelda remake on the Switch, which was a remake of the Game Boy game, felt like it, and I just didn't like it as much as the classic console games. I'm not sure why there is a game boy feel to me.

The problem I have with most GBA games is the tiny screen is combined with massive sprite size - most games make you and the boss twice as big (on an even smaller play-field half the height of the NES!) - I mean, just because the SNES doubles or quadruples sprite sizes doesn't mean you should do the same on a tiny-ass GBA!

Two games that really disappointed me - the entire Megaman Zero series, and also Metroid Fusion sucked (you can barely maneuver on that tiny screen when fighting huge bosses, and you yourself are now gigantic!)

But I have found occasional games that avoid this broken game mantra: Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow is my current distraction!

Last edited:
published then.
The only games I know of released on Game Boy that Square published and/or developed were The Final Fantasy Legend, The Final Fantasy Legend II, The Final Fantasy Legend III, and Final Fantasy Adventure.

Back