Cold Cathode Dangers Look:)

Format _C:

2[H]4U
Be careful with Cold Cathode Inverters. Danger:( I was testing a few bulbs with the inverter pluged in. and my finger slipped and touched the out plug. I got shocked went though skin. after I moved fast(to get away from the shock) a hv arc shorted out the plug.:eek: So when changing lamps unplug the damn thing. I'm fine but the inverter is toast. Pics:

inverter.jpg

inverter2.jpg

this same thing happened to me only it took out my video card. ive since learned my leason. :rolleyes:

i tried to hot swap a standard ata hd once.. i was so frustrated with the system not working right, once i plugged in the molex the whole pc just shut down, luckily everything worked fine afterward lol

yeah i shocked myself when i thought the hard drive wasn't working i cheked to see if it was the power by leaving it on and bringing the male and femal close gether and what do you know it was the ata cable that was broken no perm damage did need to reset cmos which on my comp is a beotch

yeah, i tried to plug in a cd-rw to test
just painted it too, was dumb enough to try and plug it in with the machine running :(
well... that cd-rw fried ehhe
and i just finished painting/assembling it!!! ack

I think i have that in verter lying around, (I'll send it out to you for shipping cost and a couple buclks to buy myself a drink on you,pm me if you want it)

seriously, sorry for your loss, but you should have known better, get a crappy psu, open it up and add a wire to the green and wire to the ground, toss on a switch... then you can test what ever you want w/o frying other components, and its damn easy to turn on and off

hope you heal up alright

Originally posted by jwill
this same thing happened to me only it took out my video card. ive since learned my leason. :rolleyes:

you took your vcard out while it was on ?

Originally posted by theNoid
you took your vcard out while it was on ?
lol. no, i guess i should have elaborated. i switched ccs while the computer was on. felt my finger get shocked and the computer froze. restarted and no picture. after troubleshooting, ended up only being the video card busted.

Originally posted by Techx
i tried to hot swap a standard ata hd once.. i was so frustrated with the system not working right, once i plugged in the molex the whole pc just shut down, luckily everything worked fine afterward lol
Ya, I did that once - many years ago. Only difference is that in my case I torched my PSU and consequently my mobo, cpu, ram, and all 3 of my drives. Were it not for quality backups that would have been the saddest day of my life. All I lost was some useless crap and 15 gigs of mp3s. Oh and about 700 bucks worth of hardware. :mad:

Originally posted by dewhite
Ya, I did that once - many years ago. Only difference is that in my case I torched my PSU and consequently my mobo, cpu, ram, and all 3 of my drives. Were it not for quality backups that would have been the saddest day of my life. All I lost was some useless crap and 15 gigs of mp3s. Oh and about 700 bucks worth of hardware. :mad:

I would of cried and possibly killed some people.

Originally posted by future guy
I would of cried and possibly killed some people.

I would be afraid to go near anyone that would piss me off in fear of beating the living hell out of them.

Heh. I did that with a plain CDRom drive. Blew the whole IDE channel of the mobo and all drives attached to it. Lost 3 CD Drives. Good thing my hdds were on a separate channel...

I had 2

I took off the first one, and stuck on the diff one...thats how I lost 3.

Back