Cold boot intermittently takes a full minute to post

Hi all. I built a new system recently and noticed that it sometimes takes a full minute to post during a cold boot. During this time, I have no video signal and the "GEFORCE RTX" LED on my video card is off. After a minute, the LED finally turns on and it posts.

It's intermittent. Sometimes it posts fairly quickly and other times it's a full minute.

BIOS has been updated to latest. Only change I made was enabling the EXPO profile.

Any ideas?

Specs:
ASRock B650E Taichi Lite
Ryzen 7800X3D
G.SKILL Flare X5 CL30-38-38-96
RTX 4090 FE

probably the ram training. look in the bios for a setting to reuse the last boots settings, i cant remember the exact wording though....

Mine does the same thing - about once a month or so, it seems to want to re-train the RAM. Not often enough to really matter, but still annoying when it happens. How often does it happen for you?

AMD Ryzen "5" 7600
ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2 (UEFI version 1.28, 2023-08-01)
Kingston Fury Beast KF560C36BBEK2-32 (Edit: at EXPO settings, no manual overclocking)

i cant remember the exact wording though...
this:
1704222502653.png

What PSU are you using?

Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850W

Mine does the same thing - about once a month or so, it seems to want to re-train the RAM. Not often enough to really matter, but still annoying when it happens. How often does it happen for you?

It happened twice in the span of 2 days which is what prompted me to make the thread.

It's a bit slow to post in general. Like maybe 10 seconds before I get a video signal for a normal boot. I just hope these 1 minute outliers are a rarity. Otherwise I can try that memory context restore thing.

could be a slight compatibility issue with the RAM/EXPO overclock and your mobo. Sort of like how when you overclock a CPU, once in while you may have missed boot. Do you have the latest bios update?---they often improve memory compatibility.

Try to disable ALL overclocking... memory, CPU, etc. Boot to OS once with that setting, then cold shutdown. See if that fixes it... My guess would be RAM timings/instability. I've seen RAM age...i.e., must run at lower clocks vs when bought new.

Back