CoD2 problems

Rofl-Mic-Lofl

For Whom The Bell Trolls
Call of Duty 1.2 patch is out, I download, install, w00t long awaited patch! But, they incorporated the Intel dual-core patch in it. The intel one is supposed to work with AMD. But.. it totally fucks CoD2 up for me (AMD 3800 x2) I'm running on an average of 60FPS and it's glitching around like I'm at 15fps. I know it's caused by the intel patch, but you can't download 1.2 without it! What do I do?!

what does the patch do except add the intel dual core support? If nothing, dont bother with it...does it even fix whatever issue you had that made you want it?

In the console, there is a command like r_smp (once you start to type it out you will find it). Change it to 0.

r_smp 0 or something like that.

maademperor said:
what does the patch do except add the intel dual core support? If nothing, dont bother with it...does it even fix whatever issue you had that made you want it?

It adds a few maps and fixes some bugs, Punkbuster, but I need it to play on any 1.2 servers.

LoStMaTt said:
In the console, there is a command like r_smp (once you start to type it out you will find it). Change it to 0.

Thanks I'll try this out when I get home, what exactly is it doing?

On a side note, when was PB added to this game? I don't think it had it at launch but I just reinstalled it and patched it and now it does have PB.

LoStMaTt said:

Thanks alot, that worked.

Back